Controversial Do You Believe Monet is Alive?

Do you believe Monet is alive?

• Yes

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • No

Votes: 43 76.8%

• Total voters
No, I don't think she is alive. After all these years, it would be very unexpected and unlikely if Oda brought her back. Monet's death happened in a time when Oda was still reluctant to draw obvious on panel deaths, that's why her survival chance seems vague. He showed us her death through the snow bunnies dancing on the waves, which I believe to be the ''devil'' in her fruit travelling to the next suitable fruit to respawn.

We saw what Oda did with Carrot, she seemed important at first and come Wano, he ignored her almost entirely. If Monet were alive, Oda would have drawn her in a cover story.

No, I don't think she is alive. After all these years, it would be very unexpected and unlikely if Oda brought her back. Monet's death happened in a time when Oda was still reluctant to draw obvious on panel deaths, that's why her survival chance seems vague. He showed us her death through the snow bunnies dancing on the waves, which I believe to be the ''devil'' in her fruit travelling to the next suitable fruit to respawn.

We saw what Oda did with Carrot, she seemed important at first and come Wano, he ignored her almost entirely. If Monet were alive, Oda would have drawn her in a cover story.
At least with Carrot she's the new ruler of Zou and the minks are likely going to be involved some how in the final war.

Even if Monet is somehow alive her role in the story is finished

Characters can have a lasting effect on the viewer if their death is shown.

If they end up surviving what seemed impossible (like Pell), it actually worsens my opinion of them. Like, what are you doing here? You just sacrificed yourself by carrying a bomb into the sky, had it go off, and you’re fine?! How?!

I‘m not really happy or sad when it happens, but instead confused and irritated.

What’s even worse is when Oda does absolutely nothing with them afterward. They just exist to exist, only to be seen in cover pages once in a while.

I want these memorable moments to still hold significance, I don’t want them to come back if Oda’s only going to use them as a convenient plot device and abandon them. It’d be like a fate worse than death. :josad:

If Oda were to bring Monet back, or any character for that matter, I would hope it’s for a good reason.

Characters can have a lasting effect on the viewer if their death is shown.

If they end up surviving what seemed impossible (like Pell), it actually worsens my opinion of them. Like, what are you doing here? You just sacrificed yourself by carrying a bomb into the sky, had it go off, and you’re fine?! How?!

I‘m not really happy or sad when it happens, but instead confused and irritated.

What’s even worse is when Oda does absolutely nothing with them afterward. They just exist to exist, only to be seen in cover pages once in a while.

I want these memorable moments to still hold significance, I don’t want them to come back if Oda’s only going to use them as a convenient plot device and abandon them. It’d be like a fate worse than death. :josad:

If Oda were to bring Monet back, or any character for that matter, I would hope it’s for a good reason.
Crocodile :i put so much effort in my elaborate evil plan and this damn bird survives????

You can't give a proper answer to that question but the possibilities she is still alive are not few, afterall the hearth didn't get stabbed if I remember correctly plus we are talking about Oda so she for sure could still be alive but you can't, ot at least I can't, quantify with numbers that possibility.

Also imo the guy you referred at first probably said that Monet being dead is an unpopular opinion maybe because she is a liked character so maybe many, like you to a degree for sure as well, want her to be still alive.