Speculations Blackbeard is Part Fishman

This thread will also be about the D clan mystery, but I will start with how I’ve determined Blackbeard is part Fishman, Oda often leaves clues for readers in the puns he makes in his bounties. Blackbeard’s new bounty is 3,996,000,000, San, Ko, Ko, Ro, 3 Hearts.

A quick search of animals reveals that the Octopus and Squid have 3 hearts. This isn’t a new idea, but when I see a theory about this, the conclusion is always that Blackbeard ate an Octopus, Kraken, or Squid Zoan, but if you pay close attention to the story this can not be the case, because Marco cited Teach’s unique body as the reason he can probably eat 2 fruits, and Marco would have known if this was a result of a DF Teach ate. Also Teach’s body was unique where he could go long periods of time without sleeping even as a kid, making it unlikely this is due to a DF.

If not a Devil fruit there is a much easier explanation that Teach is hybrid Fishman, like Dellinger, but hides his Fishman traits.

There is more supporting this idea and it relates to historical Blackbeard and the D. Blackbeard named his ship historically the Queen Anne’s revenge, to support the idea that Queen Anne was the rightful ruler. Blackbeard in One Piece names his ship Saber of Xebec, likely for the same reason that he believes Xebec was the rightful ruler of the world over IM. Blackbeard would believe this if originally the D clan ruled the world before IM and Blackbeard saw Xebec as a cultural hero trying to take back the D clans place.

This relates to Blackbeard being a Fishman because in Chinese mythology the Mermen were called the Di-people,

“Certain tribes or races of humans were also described being part-fish, namely the Di people

I want to be clear I don’t think all the D are related to Fishman, but I think Oda took this as inspiration and in One Piece made the D clan related to anyone who is a hybrid of humans and another race. Nika for example seems to be part Monkey.

This thread will also be about the D clan mystery, but I will start with how I’ve determined Blackbeard is part Fishman, Oda often leaves clues for readers in the puns he makes in his bounties. Blackbeard’s new bounty is 3,996,000,000, San, Ko, Ko, Ro, 3 Hearts.

A quick search of animals reveals that the Octopus and Squid have 3 hearts. This isn’t a new idea, but when I see a theory about this, the conclusion is always that Blackbeard ate an Octopus, Kraken, or Squid Zoan, but if you pay close attention to the story this can not be the case, because Marco cited Teach’s unique body as the reason he can probably eat 2 fruits, and Marco would have known if this was a result of a DF Teach ate. Also Teach’s body was unique where he could go long periods of time without sleeping even as a kid, making it unlikely this is due to a DF.

If not a Devil fruit there is a much easier explanation that Teach is hybrid Fishman, like Dellinger, but hides his Fishman traits.

There is more supporting this idea and it relates to historical Blackbeard and the D. Blackbeard named his ship historically the Queen Anne’s revenge, to support the idea that Queen Anne was the rightful ruler. Blackbeard in One Piece names his ship Saber of Xebec, likely for the same reason that he believes Xebec was the rightful ruler of the world over IM. Blackbeard would believe this if originally the D clan ruled the world before IM and Blackbeard saw Xebec as a cultural hero trying to take back the D clans place.

This relates to Blackbeard being a Fishman because in Chinese mythology the Mermen were called the Di-people,

“Certain tribes or races of humans were also described being part-fish, namely the Di people

I want to be clear I don’t think all the D are related to Fishman, but I think Oda took this as inspiration and in One Piece made the D clan related to anyone who is a hybrid of humans and another race. Nika for example seems to be part Monkey.
This guy had the similar theory:

Thank you for the credit! I spent a while making this video, since it's my first youtube video ever.

Glad to see you spreading the theory around, the One Piece fandom needs the spice nowadays ;)
But he says Teach ate DF not fishman.

Both theories make sense as Teach having 3 hearts is the main point.

Teach was also interested in Hancock's and Law's DF later, Hancock's DF works with the shape of Heart and Law's seat was suppose to be heart in Dof's crew, and he literally called his crew Heart Pirates. I doubt its coincidence.

Also when first Teach joined WB pirates they are telling him they are not 'fisher'men, and when Teach stole 2nd DF, Oda puts an Octopus like man (Karma) in the same panel with Marco, I doubt all of these are coincidence.

He is a Hippo, Oda referenced it multiple times in the sbs
Oda says Luffy is Monkey in that SBS as well but it turns out Luffy is Nika/God instead not Monkey Zoan, so it could be something different but both Kraken and Hippo are possible, both are aquatic animals.

Same SBS also says Zolo is Shark, then Oda says Zolo would eat Dragon Zoan DF if he had to choose a DF for Zolo, not Shark Zoan.

I think Blackbeard is just literally three people.