General & Others Which is better,Domain expansion or Bankai?

Bankai was more interesting and is more diverse. Cooler and less pretentious in my opinion but I do like the pretentiousness and abstract meta feeling of Domain Expansions also

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Bankai is original lol
Post automatically merged:

Bankai :
  • Will remain more iconic
  • Better hupe
  • Better written

I don't care about JJK, they don't have any cool power like Byakuya bankai
Just having a better weapon is in most case quite bland

Obviously Bleach is a bigger hit than JJK so Bankai had more hype. And I was far younger so I was farrrrrrrrr more hyped by Ichigo bankai and Byakuya than DE from JJK

But frankly most Bankai are ass and the concept isn’t really great to begin with.

DE with sure hit, effect, territory, and hax are better for me.

Just having a better weapon is in most case quite bland

Obviously Bleach is a bigger hit than JJK so Bankai had more hype. And I was far younger so I was farrrrrrrrr more hyped by Ichigo bankai and Byakuya than DE from JJK

But frankly most Bankai are ass and the concept isn’t really great to begin with.

DE with sure hit, effect, territory, and hax are better for me.
:pepecopium:

Domain expansion doesn't hit as close as bankai.

Plus Bankai is much easier to understand. What the hell is a sure-hit effect? And you can counter it with simple domain? What is the point?

Bankai at least is Shinigami thing only. We have other name for Hollows and another one for Quincys. Maybe another for Fullbringers? Idk didn't read the manga and couldn't give less than a shit about Fullbringers.

We fucking need Hell arc.

Bankai is a better concept and offers more variety.

Domain Expansions are pretty much always bullshit or underwhelming.

The “surefire hit” aspect of them is not something to praised. It’s just more bullshit Gege writers himself into a corner with, thereby needing to introduce single use concepts to work around them - which he does all the time, and not just with DEs.

As an overall concept DEs are dog water.

I don't see how DE is based on Bankai tbh. They don't share any single parallel. Only the fact that they are the peak of their respective verses.
Denial.

Last edited:
Bankai is original lol

Bankai :
  • Will remain more iconic
  • Better hupe
  • Better written

I don't care about JJK, they don't have any cool power like Byakuya bankai
Domain expansion isn’t even the same concept as Bankai.

There is nothing better written about Bankais compared to Domains either. Ichigo learned to train his Bankai in 3 days using some plot device that Urahara pulled out of his ass.

One thing I love about zanpaktou power system is how it relates to each characters personality. Your shikai represents who you are on the surface, the persona you show to the public. Where as your bankai shows who you really are inside, the truth about yourself.

-Unohana presents herself as this peaceful medic who only wants to help others so her shikai has a healing / support ability. But in actuality she is a savage killer who loves violance so her bankai is a literal pool of blood.

-Sui-Feng tries to be this cool and colective assassin, but in reallity she has quick to anger explosive personality. So her shikai is an assassination weapon while her bankai is a literal bazooka.

-Kyoraku at first glance is a carefree bafoon who is never serious, so his shikai has the power to bring childrens games into reality. But deep inside he is a tragic person who suffered a lot in life so his bankai is a theater of despair.

-Yamamoto's shikai are the flames of justice used to imprison or turn to ash those who go against Soul Society's law. It represents his idealistic side. His bankai represents his pragmatic side of a man who uses any means necessary in order to win (weaponizing corpses, huge range of attack that can also hurt his allies and subordinates).

-Gin plays the role of a heartless psychopath who kills for fun and is only loyal to Aizen, so his shikai is a sniping tool. In reality he had a secret ambition to kill Aizen for the sake of his loved one and his bankai is manifestation of that (God-killing Spear). It can also momentarily turn to dust which is a connenction to Matsumoto.

Those are the most prominent examples, there are probably more that I didn't realized or forgot.

Last edited: