Theory Shiryu shares Teach’s lineage

As we know, Shiryu is the #2 of the BBP

But why exactly is this the case, when Kuzan is objectively stronger? Let’s drop the cap and agenda for a moment. Kuzan utterly shits on Shiryu in terms of feats and portrayal.

The only thing shiryu has over Kuzan is #2 status, but that doesn’t necessarily equal strength.

The real question we need to ask is, why is Shiryu #2?

I think it’s because the two are related. I think Shiryu shares Teach’s special lineage. I would guess it’s something like Orochi and Kanjuro, where they are part of the same tribe, but orochi/Teach is the descendant of someone important.

Anyways, because they share lineage, I think Shiryu’s goals align the most with Teach’s and hence he is Teach’s most trusted subordinate.

Shiryu is hopefully just a murderous psychopath who got a special sword. that's all he needs to be
Fr not everyone needs to be special
Post automatically merged:

Wait why y'all bashing zoro fans?
Zoro isn't even mentioned.
And since when OP is in our faction?
:kaidowhat:
Oh I don’t know bro
Maybe it’s just something about making the supposed “number 2” underling of Blackbeard who is the antithesis to the main supposed “number 2” (Zoro) underling special like the MC’s antithesis all so when Zoro’s battle is done, he’ll appear on equal footing or around the same tier as Luffy

Basically agenda

Last edited:
haters now confuse kidd fans for zoro fans for that to even happen they must have ptsd everytime they remembers zoro ,truly finished.

Oh I don’t know bro
Maybe it’s just something about making the supposed “number 2” underling of Blackbeard who is the antithesis to the main supposed “number 2” (Zoro) underling special like the MC’s antithesis all so when Zoro’s battle is done, he’ll appear on equal footing or around the same tier as Luffy

Basically agenda
So you agree zoro is number 2 not sanji
:myman:

Nothing you said proved any lineage connection

As for who is BBs right hand

All imma say is Burgess is Captain of First Ship😌
Nah Oda confirmed that the cover page was of all the #2s

So evidently Shiryu is Teach’s right hand man, even if he is weaker than Kuzan.

My theory is just on the connection between the two that made Shiryu RHM.

haters now confuse kidd fans for zoro fans for that to even happen they must have ptsd everytime they remembers zoro ,truly finished.
I like Zoro too

I even rank him above Kidd

But tbh this theory has nothing to do with Zoro. Oda hinted Shiryu was the RHM, I’m just explaining why.

If I was actually wanking Zoro then I’d say Shiryu>Kuzan like some Zoro fans do.

Fr not everyone needs to be special

Oh I don’t know bro

Basically agenda
I didn’t say Shiryu = Teach lmao

I just said Shiryu has a special lineage, which if fair given how Oda made King special as well. Hell even Queen has an important past with MADS.

Last edited:

WalnutTax

A man, my son 🌊
‎‎‎
I think it’s because the two are related. I think Shiryu shares Teach’s special lineage. I would guess it’s something like Orochi and Kanjuro, where they are part of the same tribe, but orochi/Teach is the descendant of someone important.

Anyways, because they share lineage, I think Shiryu’s goals align the most with Teach’s and hence he is Teach’s most trusted subordinate.
This reminds me of Alpha2Late's video which discussed Shiryu having connections with the Kurozumi clan. Was an interesting consideration back then given its date.

Shiryu seems like a bloodthirsty psychopath, probably that's why he has earned that "of the rain" epithet. He is most likely meant to be based off Yasunori Kato , at least by design alone. This character was a powerful sorcerer and a mass murderer whose Japanese Army LT uniform is a striking resemblance to the Shiryu's warden one. Yasunori Kato was also a primary inspiration for many Japanese villains in media that followed, especially M. Bison from Street Fighter.