Theory V Nusjuro has the same powers as Brook

In this chapter, we see V Nusjuro having the ability to use ice slashes. But imo, it wouldn't make sense for his DF to simply give him ice powers, because there already exists a mythical zoan that can do this: Yamato. There has to be something unique about V Nusjuro's powers that make him different from Yamato.

My theory? Whereas Yamato just has arbitrary ice powers, Nusjuro's goes much further with Nusjuro actually having powers of the dead similar to Brook.

Because Brook is undead, his soul has immense power and by channeling that power through his sword, he can produce a freezing slash. This is very likely exactly how Nusjuro's powers work.

Nusjuro is undead, just like Brook. He is a skeletal horse. What else would be keeping him alive if not his soul?

My guess is that as an awakened bakotsu, Nusjuro has powerful soul powers that probably surpass that of Brook or BM's. Just like Brook, Nusjuro's soul is what keeps him alive, not his body. And Nusjuro's soul is likely further enhanced by Ope Ope no mi immortality, just like all of the gorosei.

So yeah, in order to defect Nusjuro, Zoro will need to gain the ability to damage someone's soul. A perfect ability for the King of Hell imo.

Makes a lot of sense, let's take it a step further:

I wouldn't be surprised if each Gorosei's Yokai powers are very similar to other characters, not just Brook
For instance, Saturn's fruit seems to share similarities with Magellan's Doku Doku no Mi and also Bartolomeo's Bari Bari no Mi

The myth of the Itsumade is that it has some kind of fire or electricity powers, additionally it brings plagues so there's scope here for replication of fruits like Oven's Netsu Netsu no Mi and Doc Q's Shiku Shiku no Mi

Going down the same path there's scope for Ju Peter's Sand Wyrm mimicking the Oshi Oshi no Mi or Ishi Ishi no Mi - maybe even the Suna Suna no Mi. No idea on Walcury yet.

Thoughts @Monkey D Theories ?

Last edited: