Character Discussion Does G5/Looney Tunes ruin this manga ?

Is G5/Looney Tunes good or bad for this manga

• Good

Votes: 36 36.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 64 64.0%

• Total voters
No surprise that the only rebuttal that you can give is "Zoro fans bad :kobeha:
Everyone and their mom hates how G5 ruins the tension and you can only focus on Zoro fans :kobeha:
Yeah, even if the whole world hated it I still like it and find it quite different snd interesting.
And you dont have to be upset if you guys always follow the same patters and make only zoro wanking threads or Luffy bashing ones, is quite repetitive.
Edit.
Oh and btw, everyone hates it yet is still the most reaf manga in the world or something like that, while most popular mangas struggle to survive beyond 300 chapters.
Strange

Yeah, even if the whole world hated it I still like it and find it quite different snd interesting.
And you dont have to be upset if you guys always follow the same patters and make only zoro wanking threads or Luffy bashing ones, is quite repetitive.
Edit.
Oh and btw, everyone hates it yet is still the most reaf manga in the world or something like that, while most popular mangas struggle to survive beyond 300 chapters.
Strange
You like the fact that Luffy died and Nika was born ?

I think the gag hate is forced. Even if they genuinely don't like the gags i'm almost positive everyone complaining about gear 5 would still be complaining because what they actually hate is Luffy being strong. Even if gear 5 was generically cool people would still complain that Luffy is stealing all the spotlight and blah blah blah, it's all people just mad about the character.
THIS! You hit the nail right on the head.

I love how hardcore Luffy and Oda defenders keep pretending like Gear 5 brought the fun into OP and is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Sry but Luffy's fights had always ridiculous moments that never really bothered anyone, in fact, nearly all of em were hilarious used during an appropriate time and Oda knew when to get back to business again.

This did not ruin Luffy vs Crocodile

This did not ruin Luffy vs Enel

This did not ruin Luffy vs Lucci

This did not ruin Luffy vs Katakuri

Don't pretend like Nika made OP fights fun, that couldn't be further from the truth. If you like the fact that Nika makes people uncomfortable and butthurt, good, that's another thing.

Nobody asked for Luffy to become an edgelord badass demon. In hindsight this guy was really cool. You know Luffy, not sun god Nika or Joyboy.

When was the last time I've even seen Luffy
It was the goofy things like that contributed to my enjoyment of OP, and that is why I like G5. G5 fits perfectly with Luffy's goofy behavior.

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
Nika retcon isn't the best though I think it was retroactively implemented as best it could. I enjoy the form and the powers. Toon Force is very entertaining and nice, and its refreshing to see in a major shonen series.

Gear5 is the culmination of Oda's obsession "subverting expectations" , also he solved the problem of One Piece having too many characters by Ignoring almost all of them.
He said himself that all he cares about is having fun while he is drawing , of course G5 is the perfect excuse to just say fuck it now i can draw anything i like lol.

The idea is similar to Sanji's character development post TS , let's take a character quirk and amplify it to the max ( the nosebleeds ), in Luffy's case is being goofy.

It's not random that One Piece volume sales have been declining since the post TS , Oda cares less and less and as a consequence One Piece is worse and worse , Gear5 and Luffy vs Kaido overall is the culmination of the decline.

Fuck the Nika bullshit , it's not fun , no one likes it , those that say they like it dont understand what kind of emotions a narrative climax between 2 Fighters is supposed to invoke.

Try to substitue every One Piece fight with the Nika bullshit and One Piece would have stopped at volume 20 at best

Gear5 is the culmination of Oda's obsession "subverting expectations" , also he solved the problem of One Piece having too many characters by Ignoring almost all of them.
He said himself that all he cares about is having fun while he is drawing , of course G5 is the perfect excuse to just say fuck it now i can draw anything i like lol.

The idea is similar to Sanji's character development post TS , let's take a character quirk and amplify it to the max ( the nosebleeds ), in Luffy's case is being goofy.

It's not random that One Piece volume sales have been declining since the post TS , Oda cares less and less and as a consequence One Piece is worse and worse , Gear5 and Luffy vs Kaido overall is the culmination of the decline.

Fuck the Nika bullshit , it's not fun , no one likes it , those that say they like it dont understand what kind of emotions a narrative climax between 2 Fighters is supposed to invoke.

Try to substitue every One Piece fight with the Nika bullshit and One Piece would have stopped at volume 20 at best
I honestly believe egghead is hands down the best arc of TS, and i wouls even say is top 5 in One Piece, depending on ending. And this with 0 stakes involved for the crew as they are just spectators of someone else's show.

You guys need to realise that when you say "nobody likes it" you sound quite silly. And the lady comment is just as silly. Luffy ate crocodile and died for it, next time he came as a baloon filled with water. Volume 22.