Character Discussion Akainu or Kaido ~ Who’s a better antagonist

Who do you like more?

• Kaido

• Akainu

Results are only viewable after voting.
Akainu was a straight menace who was willing to do what it took to win, and at the end of the day he won he got the killing blow

By killing Ace and giving Luffy PTSD Akainu cemented himself as a possible end game antagonist

Also he's a hero!! Antagonist from the viewers pov but if you look at it from the lens of the common man of one piece

He's a hero

Well Akainu gave us some real devastating moments like Ace's death. Man actually managed to achieve Hero Killer status in a manga where sod all people die. He did that shit on-screen to boot and even permanently scarred the protagonist. Akainu hasn't even been the focus of any arc and this man still achieved way more in the story than Kaido ever did.

Kaido didn't do shit except waste my time. Wasted my time with his Gedatsu level entrance, wasted my time with his mediocre backstory, wasted my time with his bullshit arc, wasted my time by not even killing other shit tier characters properly (feckin Kanjuro got more kills than Kaido. LMFAO!) and wasted my time with his mundane fight with Luffy.

Akainu killed Ace. Kaido killed my interest in One Piece. That is the difference between those two. :tchpepe:

Akainu was a straight menace who was willing to do what it took to win, and at the end of the day he won he got the killing blow

By killing Ace and giving Luffy PTSD Akainu cemented himself as a possible end game antagonist

Also he's a hero!! Antagonist from the viewers pov but if you look at it from the lens of the common man of one piece

He's a hero
When you think of the potential consequences of the Navy losing that day you understand that Akainu was undoubtedly a hero to the world for preventing Ace's escape.

Akainu in 30 chapters was easily a more devastating and impactful villain than Laido ever was in 150 chapters

Oh no he lost some teeth
Post automatically merged:

Well Akainu gave us some real devastating moments like Ace's death. Man actually managed to achieve Hero Killer status in a manga where sod all people die. He did that shit on-screen to boot and even permanently scarred the protagonist. Akainu hasn't even been the focus of any arc and this man still achieved way more in the story than Kaido ever did.

Kaido didn't do shit except waste my time. Wasted my time with his Gedatsu level entrance, wasted my time with his mediocre backstory, wasted my time with his bullshit arc, wasted my time by not even killing other shit tier characters properly (feckin Kanjuro got more kills than Kaido. LMFAO!) and wasted my time with his mundane fight with Luffy.

Akainu killed Ace. Kaido killed my interest in One Piece. That is the difference between those two. :tchpepe:
He made marineford his arc
:myman:
Post automatically merged:

When you think of the potential consequences of the Navy losing that day you understand that Akainu was undoubtedly a hero to the world for preventing Ace's escape.
Probably already said here but if all the warlords were serious and luffy wasn't the mc marines should have won easily

Last edited:
Akainu killed Ace
. . . END . . .

Kaido killed Luffy
Kaido awakened Joyboy after 800 years.
. . .
Also his actions lead to the Thriller Bark Arc
. . . and the Zou Arc
. . . .
and Wano, the longest Saga in One Piece serialization
. . .
. .
.Also he killed Whitebeard's brother: Oden.
. . . .
Kaido might have the most on panel kills actually . . .
BUT COME ON MAN! ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALTHOUGH TECHNICALLY HE WAS AIMING FOR LUFFY SO HE FAILED

Akainu killed Ace
. . . END . . .

Kaido killed Luffy
. . .
. . . and the Zou Arc
. . . .
. . .
. .
.Also he killed Whitebeard's brother: Oden.
. . . .
Kaido might have the most on panel kills actually . . .
BUT COME ON MAN! ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALTHOUGH TECHNICALLY HE WAS AIMING FOR LUFFY SO HE FAILED
He wanted two for the prize of one
:myman:

Akainu.

He has more personality in 30 chapters (all of his appearances in part 1) than Kaido in all of the waste that Wano was.

Kaido can barely be considered a character. The plot is so contrived in his case that it stopped making sense all together(honest? I still don't know why the WG simple didn't feed him a devil fruit salad if they wanted to kill him so much). The fact that the author basicly confirmed that Wano was just a waste of time makes things even worse. Outside of Tama nothing connected to Wano is worth the ink ot was printed. 1/10 antagonist

Akainu, on the other hand, is a very simple character in theory but in practice it's even possible to understand and sympathize with him. 10/10 antagonist.

Not anymore though, so Kaido's kill in Wano again goes back to zero.

How the fuck does that make Kaido a better antagonist?

. . . and the Zou Arc
. . . .
None of those make Kaido a great or even decent antagonist, Kaido was not the main villain in either of those arcs.

Also Wano being the longest saga in One Piece doesn't suddenly make Kaido a great villain.

Also he killed Whitebeard's brother: Oden.
Good for Kaido, he killed a character in a flashback.

Yep that makes Kaido super special, even though we have seen characters kill other characters in a flashback before.:goatasure:

Also Kaido didn't even kill Oden in an actual battle.

Kaido might have the most on panel kills actually
No he doesn't, his only kill in the entire Wano arc was Oden and that was flashback only, oh and Higurashi as well but Oda off screened her death.

When it comes to the Wano war, he failed to kill the Scabbards and he failed to kill a single major or even minor named character from the Wano alliance.

Oh but he killed Luffy you might say, yeah but that doesn't count anymore seeing how Luffy came back to life.

This is just sad, it seems like you desperately want Kaido to be this great villain and are making up the most lamest excuses.

Accept the fact that Kaido was nothing more than a lackluster antagonist.:saturn:

Not anymore though, so Kaido's kill in Wano again goes back to zero.

How the fuck does that make Kaido a better antagonist?

None of those make Kaido a great or even decent antagonist, Kaido was not the main villain in either of those arcs.

Also Wano being the longest saga in One Piece doesn't suddenly make Kaido a great villain.

Good for Kaido, he killed a character in a flashback.

Yep that makes Kaido super special, even though we have seen characters kill other characters in a flashback before.:goatasure:

Also Kaido didn't even kill Oden in an actual battle.

No he doesn't, his only kill in the entire Wano arc was Oden and that was flashback only, oh and Higurashi as well but Oda off screened her death.

When it comes to the Wano war, he failed to kill the Scabbards and he failed to kill a single major or even minor named character from the Wano alliance.

Oh but he killed Luffy you might say, yeah but that doesn't count anymore seeing how Luffy came back to life.

This is just sad, it seems like you desperately want Kaido to be this great villain and are making up the most lamest excuses.

Accept the fact that Kaido was nothing more than a lackluster antagonist.:saturn:
:gokulaugh:

Akainu killing ace makes the difference. Kaido's highpoint was strength but akainu was shown as more deadly and him killing ace gives him the win. If it wasn't for that , Kaido is superior.

Akainu could literally be Vergo level and he would still make a more engaging, competent and effective villain.

I'm willing to bet that even against current condom, a hypothetical Vergo-level Akainu could create higher stakes than Wano did.

Akainu killing ace makes the difference. Kaido's highpoint was strength but akainu was shown as more deadly and him killing ace gives him the win. If it wasn't for that , Kaido is superior.
I fuck with both Kaido and Akainu they both seemed raw and menacing af , Akainu’s non gag moments and overall actions puts him as a better character though.

Kaido is more evil, Akainu is more extreme

Kaidou is a deeply unimpressive villain for all the hype and panel time dedicated to him. Just a thin character all around.

Akainu is an out and out fascist war dog, his beliefs and desires are clear, and whatever else you might think of him, the man had the balls to stand on business against Whitebeard to his face. He’s fully committed to the mission, driven and focused in ways that feel clear and earned for a man in his position.

Kaidou was an evil dickbag for what exactly? He would’ve been more interesting if he wasn’t so needlessly cartoonish.

Akainu feels much more real, less original for it perhaps, but there is something to be said for his uncompromised commitment and values. It’s what makes him so much more intimidating despite being weaker. There is no negotiating with that man. No half measures.