Character Discussion How important is strength when it comes to picking Favorite Characters?

Personally, How important is it for your Favorite character to be strong?

• Total voters
Strength is more important than just surface level 'they look cool', it suggests a degree of commitment/self discipline and that they've been through a lot in their lives to get to that point. It also affects how appropriate their personality is. The reason spandam was so irritating is because he had nothing personally to back up his talk, he was just the bitch that hid behind Lucci. On the other hand, gecko moria was just as cowardly and stupid as spandam but he was the strongest guy on that island making him far more likeable. Gorosei would be another example, they are just as vile as Charlos but because of their power you can say that at the very least they are not just mere figureheads and have something to back up their arrogance.

Strength can only take you so far though; for example, Midhawk is my least favourite warlord because he has all the personality of a corpse. Garp is a lapdog (like most marines), Whitebeard's lack of ambition makes him boring, Hancock is just a dumb slut. I prefer way weaker characters such as Vivi/Smoker/Robins mom/Nekomamushi

They not even real fans.
His story is how he gave up his power his potential
His arm
For luffy. Most don't even acknowledge it.
??

That's what I like about Shanks.

I dont care if Mihawk > Shanks or EOS Zoro > Shanks.

His character and role in the story has always been the same. He dont need to be Top 1 or 5 by the EOS.

More than strength, I am more interested in what he will do next (pirate king race) and his fight against Blackbeard. He may lose, but his death should leave an impact.

Nami is more popular than Sanji. Also, in the pretimeskip Zoro and Luffy were very weak compared to many enemies and never acted like Usopp for example. So no, they don't change. I like Zoro much more for how he is than for his strength.
Bad comparison.
she isn't. At least no one care about her strength or personality (not anymore). She has tits that's all today even the author himself uses her for that.

zoro and luffy were very weak ? To whom ? Lol against their past opponents they were good. And in shonen you know MCs will become stronger that's what make them interesting.

If zoro and luffy were like ussop, one piece would have ended way before.

And sorry to deceive you. But overall speaking, 90% fans love strong characters because they are strong.
Only those who don't care, have different point of views.

The moment Zoro couldn't finish Kaido and fought King, we witnessed many zoro "fans" dropped one piece, started to blame him, and even hate others characters now.

People who really like Zoro and others strong characters for who they are, are rare.