Powers & Abilities Some of you guys are overthinking the Gorosei's immortality

The giants said they don't know what power or race their regeneration is coming from. Also devil fruits don't share the exact same powers like the gorosei have displayed.
The Gorosei are not immortal.

They age slower because of Noro photons.

They have an strange regenation ability that will be explained soon
They most likely have some kind of racial buff/gimmicky on top of their Devil Fruit + Haki (so basically like King but on steroid)
:jackcopium:
Keep coping about the Gorosei, their immortality has nothing to do with their devil fruits.
I feel like their immortality has to be related to their DF since Saturn sorta needs to die this arc for the sake of the story.
There obviously has to be some Achilles' Heel to their regen. And I think making them vulnerable to the same weaknesses as DF users would be a fair and reasonable weakness for them. Could be something else, but I think that's just the most logical weakness for them.

they dont have devil fruits
They literally have the awakened zoan ring. They have Devil Fruits.
Post automatically merged:

Nah. They are actual demons who got granted the immortal surgery of Law DF
I don't think they're actual demons because that's pretty much beyond the scope of One Piece's focus.
I know there was Nika, but even then it was left up in the air whether or not Nika actually exists. The Devil Fruit is born from people's desire to be like Nika (which ties in with the Kuma flashback), not from Nika himself.

Could be. I brought up the same point.

But Law's OP OP no Mi is a huge Chekhov's gun.

It's obviously the OP OP No mi.

Oda has already reminded us the ability + hinted at Imu being a recipient of it.

and he had the giants dismiss the idea of the immortality being from the DFs. So it's obviously related to Imu and/or the surgery

I feel like their immortality has to be related to their DF since Saturn sorta needs to die this arc for the sake of the story.
There obviously has to be some Achilles' Heel to their regen. And I think making them vulnerable to the same weaknesses as DF users would be a fair and reasonable weakness for them. Could be something else, but I think that's just the most logical weakness for them.

They literally have the awakened zoan ring. They have Devil Fruits.

I don't think they're actual demons because that's pretty much beyond the scope of One Piece's focus.
I know there was Nika, but even then it was left up in the air whether or not Nika actually exists. The Devil Fruit is born from people's desire to be like Nika (which ties in with the Kuma flashback), not from Nika himself.
Saturn is not dying this arc with the other gorosei here

Did Kyros's and Rebecca's stories find a conclusion with Dofla's death?
I mean,
Doffy wasn’t the one who killed scarlet lmao
and it’s not like Saturn can go to prison, so yeah I think he needs to die
Nah it kinda is
They’ve gone out of their way to make it clear that Saturn is irredeemable and it doesn’t make sense for the arc to end with him getting let off the hook

I mean,
Doffy wasn’t the one who killed scarlet lmao
and it’s not like Saturn can go to prison, so yeah I think he needs to die

Nah it kinda is
They’ve gone out of their way to make it clear that Saturn is irredeemable and it doesn’t make sense for the arc to end with him getting let off the hook
Akainu got away with killing ace yet Saturn is exempt from this? You think blackbeard is the final villain yet his crew just killed garp so by your logic luffy should do something to take him down instead of waiting until he reaches laughtale to beat him.

You're in for a disappointment.
Problem is that if Saturn doesn’t die this arc that’d just be denying the audience catharsis because you’re clearly meant to hate Saturn. And that isn’t really how Oda tends to write.

Akainu got away with killing ace yet Saturn is exempt from this? You think blackbeard is the final villain yet his crew just killed garp so by your logic luffy should do something to take him down instead of waiting until he reaches laughtale to beat him.
It’s not really the same thing though.

This would be like if Akainu was the one who gave Roger his terminal illness, tortured and killed Rouge, deliberately went out of his way to make sure Ace was ostracized as a child, and killed Whitebeard in front of Ace SOLELY to spite him.
Saturn’s entire character is pretty much defined by how horrible he’s been to Kuma and Bonney lmao. It doesn’t really make sense for him to live past this arc

Problem is that if Saturn doesn’t die this arc that’d just be denying the audience catharsis because you’re clearly meant to hate Saturn. And that isn’t really how Oda tends to write.

It’s not really the same thing though.

This would be like if Akainu was the one who gave Roger his terminal illness, tortured and killed Rouge, deliberately went out of his way to make sure Ace was ostracized as a child, and killed Whitebeard in front of Ace SOLELY to spite him.
Saturn’s entire character is pretty much defined by how horrible he’s been to Kuma and Bonney lmao. It doesn’t really make sense for him to live past this arc
Kuma already punched him and got his revenge. perospero killed Pedro and he got away with it scot free.

If I have to be honest with you, I think Oda already considers Kuma punching Saturn as the cathartic moment. Hence why Kuma and Bonney are currently sidelined.
Kuma took revenge on Saturn. End of their story. Whatever happens next is between Luffy, Saturn, VP, and whomever else will feel slighted by the Gorosei.

Kuma already punched him and got his revenge. perospero killed Pedro and he got away with it scot free.
Saturn instantly recovered from that.

Persopero got beaten by Nekomamushi 1 arc later, and what Saturn did was several magnitudes worse than anything Perospero did

If I have to be honest with you, I think Oda already considers Kuma punching Saturn as the cathartic moment. Hence why Kuma and Bonney are currently sidelined.
Kuma too revenge on Saturn. End of their story. Whatever happens next is between Luffy, Saturn, VP, and whomever else will feel slighted by the Gorosei.
Eh, I feel like saying they’ve been sidelined is sort of a stretch. It’s only been a handful of chapters

Persopero got beaten by Nekomamushi 1 arc later, and what Saturn did was several magnitudes worse than anything Perospero did

Eh, I feel like saying they’ve been sidelined is sort of a stretch. It’s only been a handful of chapters
He's not dying this arc I'm very confident in saying that lol. Keep in mind vegapunk was killed by kizaru as well and no one is expecting him to die.

Another thing is character motivation. So far no one has gone into great lengths to take down Saturn they've all just been focused on escaping and not fighting.

Lol had to go on an errand for a bit sorry about taking a while
He's not dying this arc I'm very confident in saying that lol. Keep in mind vegapunk was killed by kizaru as well and no one is expecting him to die.
The thing is though that right now the only thing that really sets Saturn apart from the other Gorosei is his involvement in Kuma's and Bonney's lives. If you take him outside of the context of Egghead, he pretty much fulfills the same narrative role as the others. So I really don't see any reason for him to live past this arc, since this is pretty much going to be the only arc where he could reasonably be in a point of major gravitas. The other 4 Gorosei could fulfill the same narrative function after.

The only reason I might see Saturn living past this arc is if Bonney joins the crew, so he would be like an overarching personal nemesis to her or something.

Another thing is character motivation. So far no one has gone into great lengths to take down Saturn they've all just been focused on escaping and not fighting.
What if at the end of the arc, Saturn gets so pissed at the Strawhats for what they did at Egghead that he decides to go after them on the Sunny, and then they knock him into the water which ends up killing him?
I don't think them escaping and Saturn dying are mutually exclusive