Character Discussion Predicting the roles of the remaining cast from here on out

What powers/abilities/feats do you expect to see the heroes display from here on out?

Yuji- He presumably ate the 6 remaining Death Paintings, so he should in theory have 6 unique applications of Blood Manipulation. We still haven’t seen him do that soul swap technique he used on Kusakabe. He may also use Simple Domain at some point, and almost certainly will awaken his Domain Expansion by the end of the series

Megumi- Yuji will somehow get him to man up at some point. He will obviously fuck up Sukuna a bit since he deserves revenge more than anyone else at this point. He should perfect his Domain Expansion. I also expect that we’ll see a Totality of all 10 of his Shikigami at some point.

Yuta- We didn’t see Rika awaken against Sukuna yet. He’ll obviously be healed up and join back in on the fight at some point

Maki- I think we’ll get a moment with her where she’s explicitly stated to have surpassed Toji

Hakari- Hopefully we’ll get a least 1 dedicated chapter of him vs Uraume soon, and I hope Hakari wins so we can see him square up against Sukuna. It’d be cool to see Jackpot Hakari showing off his top 1 RCT by healing through a World Slash or Malevolent Shrine. There a decent chance that Hakari will have a “777” Jackpot which is even stronger than his normal Jackpot.

Kusakabe- Given that Gege randomly decided to establish him as the Strongest Grade 1 at the start of this chapter, I think he’ll actually do something decent against Sukuna. I expect to see him get some character development where he overcomes his cowardice by facing Suluna

Ino- We’ve seen him use his first 2 auspicious beasts so far (Keichi and Reiki). His 3rd beast, Kirin, basically lets him ignore pain. He’ll probably use that now since Sukuna just hit him with some slashes and landed a clean kick on him. I also expect to see him land a clean hit on Sukuna with Nanami’s blunt blade, which will do some damage. Ino also has his 4th beast, Ryu, which we haven’t seen at all yet, but Gege has said that no one who has seen it has lived to tell the tale. So it should be decently strong and do some damage to Sukuna

Choso- He’ll probably tag team Sukuna with Yuji for a lil bit soon. I think he might lay low for now so that Sukuna doesn’t realize that Shoko has been healing the people Ui Ui is retrieving

Kirara- She’ll keep protecting Ui Ui

Mei Mei- She very well may just keep her distance and maybe try to land the occasional Bird Strike while Sukuna is distracted. But if Kusakabe is gonna get some character development, maybe she will too and become more selfless by putting her life on the line against Sukuna

Shoko, Utahime, and Gakugangi- Shoko is obviously healing the wounded, and Utahime and Gakugangi are probably amping up her RCT

Kyoto Students, Inumaki, and Panda- These students being laughably weak and irrelevant has been memed to death in the fandom, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up playing some sort of role. Maybe if/when Sukuna becomes weakened to the point where he only has 2/3 fingers worth of CE left, they can come in and hold off Sukuna for a bit while Yuji is recovering after Sukuna fucks him up again. Maybe Miwa will break her binding vow to land a hit on Sukuna, thus showing us what happens when a binding vow is broken. If Sukuna’s weakened enough, Inumaki’s Cursed Speech may be able to hold Sukuna back just long enough for someone to land a clean hit. If Panda’s permanently stuck in his chibi panda form, he probably can’t do anything at all, but maybe Gege will somehow let him get his cores back so he can do something. And let’s not forget about the GOAT Todo. He’s a fan favorite, so hopefully Gege will let him regain his CT somehow so he can come in clutch. He need to see him ask the King of Curses what his type is.

And then there’s the Merger, which is pretty much a total wild card. We’ll obviously see it at some point, but the circumstances behind its arrival remain unclear. Sukuna said he won’t start the merger until he kills all the sorcerors, which isn’t gonna happen. Maybe Sukuna will summon it out of spite when Yuji’s about to kill him? Maybe Megumi won’t get over his depression and will start the merger himself for some reason?

I don't know enough to anyone about each character. But I'm thinking Gojo will come back to the near end of fight to kill Sukuna as he said he would win and Yuji by the time would be fighting equally with him similar to Demon Slayer final fight. And before died Sukuna would activate the tengen and that would be the time where Yuji would really shine.

I previously gave my prediction: Megumi, Nobara, and Yuji do a combo to defeat Sukuna with support from others. Yuji gets the finisher. Gojo, in some form, will gloat and taunt over Sukuna with, “see, I won”.

Also, there is a high probability that the Tokyo group will exploit a back up plan that Kenny put in place in case Sukuna went rogue on him. Maybe a form of sealing/nerfing?

Yuki has been working for years behind the scene to eliminate cursed energy/spirits. I would think that her work will have a role at some point.

Last edited:
Maki - going to nerf Sukuna before she’s taken out, probably one of the last ones standing before Yuji vs Sukuna

Yuta - Done. If he comes back it will be a small surprise moment to assist Megumi and Yuji

Hakari - stall Uraume until EOS lmao

Yuji - obviously will beat Sukuna, either alone or with Megumi. Will use Sukuna’s CT to beat him, calling back to what Gojo wanted early in the story

Megumi- Yuji will be able to split his soul from Sukuna, and will receive the merger finally enabling him to reach his potential. Will 2v1 Sukuna because he’s the secondary MC.

the rest are irrelevant, and at best will just be fodder for Sukuna or support

Maki - going to nerf Sukuna before she’s taken out, probably one of the last ones standing before Yuji vs Sukuna

Yuta - Done. If he comes back it will be a small surprise moment to assist Megumi and Yuji

Hakari - stall Uraume until EOS lmao

Yuji - obviously will beat Sukuna, either alone or with Megumi. Will use Sukuna’s CT to beat him, calling back to what Gojo wanted early in the story

Megumi- Yuji will be able to split his soul from Sukuna, and will receive the merger finally enabling him to reach his potential. Will 2v1 Sukuna because he’s the secondary MC.

the rest are irrelevant, and at best will just be fodder for Sukuna or support
You are forgetting someone…

They were always a team of 3.

A parallel to, an archetype as well:

Last edited:
Eye Patch Nobara will damage Sukuna soul :finally:

I see Nobara as being support. Yuji and Megumi know the outline of Sukuna's soul, thus giving them the ability to attack Sukuna's soul. Nobara can attack it directly. I would assume Maki could directly attack Sukuna's soul with the right weapon.