Anime Discussion [Spring 2024] Anime Seasonals - General Discussion

Do you want more pinned threads in this section? For example a thread dedicated for anime news?

• Total voters
Anime reviews:

Sengoku Youko: 7/10. They were supposed to have 37 episodes but this ended with 13 episodes. I'm assuming White Fox wants to do split cours and that they want more time to work on Re:Zero season 3 I guess. Season 2 of Sengoku Youko will be back in July and I heard it will be two consecutive cours meaning it will simultaneously run 24 episodes in Summer and Fall this year. The ending is okay but I hope the upcoming arcs will be better.

Metallic Rouge: 7/10. Wasted potential of an anime for Bones' 25th anniversary. If this series has 24 episodes then it would have been great. The plot was already confusing in the first half then episode 10 cram it up with the lore reveal which was cool and all but there's still some plot holes. I'm not really a huge fan of the family drama arc at the very end though.

The Witch and the Beast: 8.5/10. Good story and animation from the start, animation got downgraded near the end but it's not that bad. This ended on chapter 28 (and I heard they cut a lot of stuff). The vampire arc (the best arc according to manga readers) starts at chap 29 and ends on 42. The manga got on a hiatus at chap 59 so I think they have enough material for a season 2. Who knows, maybe season 2 will be just vampire arc alone, but that would means 1 episode will be slightly over a chapter length since vampire arc is 13 chapters. Or 13 episodes for 13 chapters (Noragami Lmao). Or they finished the vampire arc and ends somewhere between 42 and 59. Anyway, hoping for a season 2 with better staff. Guideau is best girl or guy? Who cares, looks female enough.

First episode impressions:

Astro Note - Very 90s like and colorful as well. This will be an underdog series of this season.

Unnamed Memory - I read the manga of this and the romance is pretty good. Hope ENGI doesn't mess this up.

Lvl 2 Super Cheat Powers - *Sighs* Level 2 is gonna be a trope from now on ain't it? Lol. The series is okay, made by J.C. Staff so I don't have much expectations but I'm gonna watch this for the girls. And the OP or ED is sing by Dialogue+ so I'm hyped.

Bartender Glass of God - FYI, this is the sequel to the original Bartender in 2006. So watch that before Glass of God. If you're into bartender job and life then this is for you.

Laid-Back Camp Season 3 - Ah yes, the daily dose of wholesome camping life of Moe girls, Yuru camp is back.:finally:

A Condition Called Love - This will be the "A Sign of Affection" this season except the main girl isn't deaf. And the male MC is similar to Miyamura from "Horimiya". This will be the best romance of this season I supposed.

A Salad Bowl of Eccentrics - Sasaki and Peeps season 2 except that the MC isn't a middle aged old guy. The Detective Conan/Case Closed references in this series will be funny as hell lol.

Wind Breaker - Tokyo Revengers if the MC wasn't a pussy like Takemichi. I'm already loving this manhwa anime.

An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride - Two episodes already dropped in the same day lol. This is basically "I'm Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness" but Elf girl this time. And the romance is a bit award and weird at first but I think it will get better.

And last but not least, Slime Season 3 episode 1 is finally out!!!! Veldora's NEET arc boys.:kobeha::kobeha:

Nijiyon Animation Season 2 is out but I haven't watch it. KonoSuba S3 episode 2 also drops. Shaman King Flowers is about to finished. The translating team is hella delayed though. Delicious in Dungeon new opening and ending songs are great.