Speculations Aramaki's Sad Story

Hello everyone.

Many people found Aramaki to be a disappointment with his character and his over-the-top reaction to Shanks' haki. But there are a reasons why he is acting like that.

First, let's look at the Japanese Actor that Aramaki was inspired by. You know that every admiral is inspired by a Japanese actors. Also, the behavior of admirals resembles the behavior of the characters played by actors in movies.

Aramaki is inspired by Yoshio Harada.

The name of the character played by Yoshio Harada in the movie Ronin Gai is Aramaki. Same as in One Piece.

I will talk about the story and character of Aramaki in the Ronin Gai Movie. Also, I will quote a summary written about the Ronin Gai movie from a website.

Website

1-Set in the end of 19th century, where the Meiji Restoration just started, the hero, Aramaki Gennai (Karasawa Toshiaki) does not act so much like a "hero". He's a drunkard ronin (masterless samurai) who loves to lazy around in the house all day, and depend on his girlfriend for money. He doesn't care at all about anything or what happen in the world. Rumours has it that he has an unbelievably excellent skill of swordplay, but no one has ever seen him demonstrating it.

Aramaki is drunkard, He started drinking alcohol after attacking King and Queen.

He is master swordsman but no one has ever witnessed his sword skills before. We also saw Aramaki have a sword, but we never saw him use it while fighting.

Aramaki has a girlfriend. He made his living with money from his girlfriend. We also saw Aramaki had a tattoo on his chest. That means Double Lovers Suicide At The River of Death.

His girlfriend must be rich so that he can live only with her money. But how does his girlfriend have that much money? Most likely his girlfriend is a Celestial Dragon. This explains his perspective against Celestial Dragons.

2)Oshin (Matsu Takako) is Aramaki's girlfriend... or maybe, rather than a girlfriend, like how Aramaki himself, always says, "Ore no onna(my woman)..." ... she's Aramaki's woman. Oshin is a frivolous girl who works in the "Iroha" drinking bar at Edo(Tokyo in present day), owned by her uncle, with pickpocket as a side-job. Oshin is a boy-ish type of girl, she's stubborn, likes challenges and very bold to face danger. She met with Aramaki some years ago and now she supply money for Aramaki. Though Aramaki clearly takes advantage of her, Oshin cannot make herself separate with Aramaki, coz she loves him deeply. She also knows Aramaki had been playing around in the brothel with other women... but it doesn't change her feelings for him. She had try to shoot Aramaki with pistol twice, but she always lost to Aramaki's sweet talks. Oshin is the only person who had seen Aramaki's true sword-fighting skill.

Aramaki had a girlfriend who acted like a boy. Aramaki was surprised to see Yamato because he was acting manly, just like his girlfriend.

3)I love, love, love Aramaki-Oshin combi!! As lovers and partners in crime!! EXCELLENT! And to my surprise, that Roningai has its romantic side too! I love Aramaki-Oshin's love relationship... they're both the ignorant types... and bold. I love their dialogues together even when its not on a romantic mood. Like when Aramaki keeps begging her to cook him foods like a child, coz he's dead-starving, but Oshin ignore him completely. Or like when Aramaki persuade Oshin to lend him money. They're just great together!! Toshiaki-Matsu has MUCH BETTER chemistry than Yamaguchi Tomoko and Kimura!! LOL! LOL! The irony!

Aramaki was constantly asking his girlfriend to feed him. This explains why, when talking to Fujitora, he said that he would eat if a beautiful girl fed him. He is probably stopped eating after his girlfriend death.

4)Meanwhile, Ushi found the mysterious group of samurai and sold his soul to them. He became their companion. Oshin tried to take revenge of her uncle, and she was surprised to see Ushi is on their side. Ushi told the leader of the group, that if they can arrest Oshin, Aramaki might come to save her...and that he'll be famous if he can defeat Aramaki. So they captured Oshin.

Aramaki heard about the news from Oshin's cousin, but he acted like he doesn't care. He knows that group and he said that it's impossible to win. So he thinks he better not danger his own life just for Oshin.
But after a talk with a brothel's prostitute and a fight with a samurai on the street. He started to wonder why is there only Oshin in his eyes right now. And he wonder if its only him too, in Oshin's eyes. He finally decided to rescue Oshin.

Aramaki's girlfriend kidnapped by samurai group in the movie. In One Piece she is probably kidnapped by the Pirates.

5)Aramaki comes to the mysterious group's headquarter and fight with 100 samurai-s there. Not long after, Gonbee comes to help him too. The focus turn to Gonbee's solo fight with about 50 samurai-s. Then, turns to Aramaki's solo with the rest. It was quite intensed, coz Aramaki is also being poured by barrels of oil, that makes him hard to move and keep slipping down. Those samurai-s about to throw fire torches to him, but he managed to escape that.

Aramaki fought a large group of pirates alone. They also tried to burn Aramaki before but failed. This explains why he developed himself against fire.

Aramaki managed to defeat the pirate group on his own, but failed to save his girlfriend. This is considered the biggest trauma of his life. After this incident, he became famous and joined the Navy as an Admiral. He respects Akainu for his attitude towards the pirates because he lost the woman he loved to the pirates.

To summarize briefly.

1-Aramaki had a Celestial Dragon girlfriend but later he lost her.
2-Aramaki is a master swordsman whose sword skills have never been seen before. He primarily uses his DF while fighting.
3-Aramaki has been fasting since he lost his girlfriend.
4-Aramaki is ignorant enough to call CD's gods because his girlfriend is also CD.
5-After losing his girlfriend, Aramaki joined the Marines.

Aramaki's history may be like this. We will find out when the time comes.

@Lee Ba Shou @SakazOuki @Kurozumi Wiwi @The White Crane @Wuuuke @silverfire @scoobie3 @AkainuTheGrimReaper @Apollo @Admiral Mou Bu @ZenZu @Extravlad @kurwa @haxxor @EmperorKinyagi @Blackbeard @Owl Ki @TheKnightOfTheSea @God Buggy @Sentinel @Tyki_Mikk @Veku @Mr. Tuna Sandwich @GoldDiamond @Dragon777 @Weeman @Cadis Etrama Di Urek @Djordje @Negan @The Buddha @Djordje @EvergreenMarine @DarkestKnightofSpoilers

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Perhaps my favorite Wosrgen thread of all time, certainly the best WorstGen thread of 2024. Kudos to you @BaboonMihawk

2-Aramaki is a master swordsman whose sword skills have never been seen before. He primarily uses his DF while fighting.
@ShishioIsBack @HA001 @ConquistadoR

Curious as to what you guys think of this. Movie Aramaki was a master swordsman but no one had ever seen his skill aside from his lover. If Oda carried this over into OP, drawing Aramaki with a black blade but without using it would seem to illustrate that aspect of his character.

That was my old alias, this is my new one

Anyhow, yes definitely Aramaki has a past with a love, and Oda has already taken much from Aramaki's source material and so it seems to fit like a glove that his heartwretched history would influence his ideology

I got to say though, based Aramaki for swooning a Celestial Dragon girl, talk about galactic rizz:araboss:

That was my old alias, this is my new one

Anyhow, yes definitely Aramaki has a past with a love, and Oda has already taken much from Aramaki's source material and so it seems to fit like a glove that his heartwretched history would influence his ideology

I got to say though, based Aramaki for swooning a Celestial Dragon girl, talk about galactic rizz:araboss:
What is based about serving the guys who responsible for this happening to him

Hello everyone.

Many people found Aramaki to be a disappointment with his character and his over-the-top reaction to Shanks' haki. But there are a reasons why he is acting like that.

First, let's look at the Japanese Actor that Aramaki was inspired by. You know that every admiral is inspired by a Japanese actors. Also, the behavior of admirals resembles the behavior of the characters played by actors in movies.

Aramaki is inspired by Yoshio Harada.

The name of the character played by Yoshio Harada in the movie Ronin Gai is Aramaki. Same as in One Piece.

I will talk about the story and character of Aramaki in the Ronin Gai Movie. Also, I will quote a summary written about the Ronin Gai movie from a website.

Website

1-Set in the end of 19th century, where the Meiji Restoration just started, the hero, Aramaki Gennai (Karasawa Toshiaki) does not act so much like a "hero". He's a drunkard ronin (masterless samurai) who loves to lazy around in the house all day, and depend on his girlfriend for money. He doesn't care at all about anything or what happen in the world. Rumours has it that he has an unbelievably excellent skill of swordplay, but no one has ever seen him demonstrating it.

Aramaki is drunkard, He started drinking alcohol after attacking King and Queen.

He is master swordsman but no one has ever witnessed his sword skills before. We also saw Aramaki have a sword, but we never saw him use it while fighting.

Aramaki has a girlfriend. He made his living with money from his girlfriend. We also saw Aramaki had a tattoo on his chest. That means Double Lovers Suicide At The River of Death.

His girlfriend must be rich so that he can live only with her money. But how does his girlfriend have that much money? Most likely his girlfriend is a Celestial Dragon. This explains his perspective against Celestial Dragons.

2)Oshin (Matsu Takako) is Aramaki's girlfriend... or maybe, rather than a girlfriend, like how Aramaki himself, always says, "Ore no onna(my woman)..." ... she's Aramaki's woman. Oshin is a frivolous girl who works in the "Iroha" drinking bar at Edo(Tokyo in present day), owned by her uncle, with pickpocket as a side-job. Oshin is a boy-ish type of girl, she's stubborn, likes challenges and very bold to face danger. She met with Aramaki some years ago and now she supply money for Aramaki. Though Aramaki clearly takes advantage of her, Oshin cannot make herself separate with Aramaki, coz she loves him deeply. She also knows Aramaki had been playing around in the brothel with other women... but it doesn't change her feelings for him. She had try to shoot Aramaki with pistol twice, but she always lost to Aramaki's sweet talks. Oshin is the only person who had seen Aramaki's true sword-fighting skill.

Aramaki had a girlfriend who acted like a boy. Aramaki was surprised to see Yamato because he was acting manly, just like his girlfriend.

3)I love, love, love Aramaki-Oshin combi!! As lovers and partners in crime!! EXCELLENT! And to my surprise, that Roningai has its romantic side too! I love Aramaki-Oshin's love relationship... they're both the ignorant types... and bold. I love their dialogues together even when its not on a romantic mood. Like when Aramaki keeps begging her to cook him foods like a child, coz he's dead-starving, but Oshin ignore him completely. Or like when Aramaki persuade Oshin to lend him money. They're just great together!! Toshiaki-Matsu has MUCH BETTER chemistry than Yamaguchi Tomoko and Kimura!! LOL! LOL! The irony!

Aramaki was constantly asking his girlfriend to feed him. This explains why, when talking to Fujitora, he said that he would eat if a beautiful girl fed him. He is probably stopped eating after his girlfriend death.

4)Meanwhile, Ushi found the mysterious group of samurai and sold his soul to them. He became their companion. Oshin tried to take revenge of her uncle, and she was surprised to see Ushi is on their side. Ushi told the leader of the group, that if they can arrest Oshin, Aramaki might come to save her...and that he'll be famous if he can defeat Aramaki. So they captured Oshin.

Aramaki heard about the news from Oshin's cousin, but he acted like he doesn't care. He knows that group and he said that it's impossible to win. So he thinks he better not danger his own life just for Oshin.
But after a talk with a brothel's prostitute and a fight with a samurai on the street. He started to wonder why is there only Oshin in his eyes right now. And he wonder if its only him too, in Oshin's eyes. He finally decided to rescue Oshin.

Aramaki's girlfriend kidnapped by samurai group in the movie. In One Piece she is probably kidnapped by the Pirates.

5)Aramaki comes to the mysterious group's headquarter and fight with 100 samurai-s there. Not long after, Gonbee comes to help him too. The focus turn to Gonbee's solo fight with about 50 samurai-s. Then, turns to Aramaki's solo with the rest. It was quite intensed, coz Aramaki is also being poured by barrels of oil, that makes him hard to move and keep slipping down. Those samurai-s about to throw fire torches to him, but he managed to escape that.

Aramaki fought a large group of pirates alone. They also tried to burn Aramaki before but failed. This explains why he developed himself against fire.

Aramaki managed to defeat the pirate group on his own, but failed to save his girlfriend. This is considered the biggest trauma of his life. After this incident, he became famous and joined the Navy as an Admiral. He respects Akainu for his attitude towards the pirates because he lost the woman he loved to the pirates.

To summarize briefly.

1-Aramaki had a Celestial Dragon girlfriend but later he lost her.
3-Aramaki has been fasting since he lost his girlfriend.
4-Aramaki is ignorant enough to call CD's gods because his girlfriend is also CD.
5-After losing his girlfriend, Aramaki joined the Marines.

Aramaki's history may be like this. We will find out when the time comes.

@Lee Ba Shou @SakazOuki @Kurozumi Wiwi @The White Crane @Wuuuke @silverfire @scoobie3 @AkainuTheGrimReaper @Apollo @Admiral Mou Bu @ZenZu @Extravlad @kurwa @haxxor @EmperorKinyagi @Blackbeard @Owl Ki @TheKnightOfTheSea @God Buggy @Sentinel @Tyki_Mikk @Veku @Mr. Tuna Sandwich @GoldDiamond @Dragon777 @Weeman @Cadis Etrama Di Urek @Djordje @Negan @The Buddha @Djordje @EvergreenMarine @DarkestKnightofSpoilers
Aramaki is just a cool based guy who should enslave Nami

Not when their title is based on strength.
Fraudulent titles do hurt characters.
the only titles i see on them being relevant is strongest in navy ( the only exception being garp since he rejected being an admiral )
and strongest military force of wg
its ur own admiral gang which pushes shit that the admirals cant live up to

What you mean by this bitch
that they are good ,
character-wise