Break Week I’m tired of villains self nerfing

I think I can accept stuff like BM barely using ACoC, because Oda is somewhat consistent with it. Luffy and Zoro didn’t spam ACoC either in egghead.

But I think it gets really annoying when you see shit like Saturn getting his leg chopped off by brook and his attacks blocked by the weak trio.

Because that’s not just him choosing not to use a single ability. That’s him turning his whole arsenal off. He’s not using poison, or his eye powers, or haki.

literally fighting in a completely different style vs Luffy than against them.

You can’t even argue he’s toying with them because supposedly he needs to be stopping the VP broadcast.

idk why Oda couldn’t have just let Jinbe and Zoro save them.

I think I can accept stuff like BM barely using ACoC, because Oda is somewhat consistent with it. Luffy and Zoro didn’t spam ACoC either in egghead.

But I think it gets really annoying when you see shit like Saturn getting his leg chopped off by brook and his attacks blocked by the weak trio.

Because that’s not just him choosing not to use a single ability. That’s him turning his whole arsenal off. He’s not using poison, or his eye powers, or haki.

literally fighting in a completely different style vs Luffy than against them.

You can’t even argue he’s toying with them because supposedly he needs to be stopping the VP broadcast.

idk why Oda couldn’t have just let Jinbe and Zoro save them.
aren't you the same dude that wanted the shs to fight kaido

Consistency and logic is always secondary to narrative, if Oda wants the fodder Straw Hats to have a moment but has to sacrifice logic for it, he'll do it without hesitation, same with almost any writer.

And Luffy only using ACoC once or twice the entire arc is worse than Saturn jobbing.

Lmao. Isn't this the clown that made several threads calling Kizaru shit ignoring all the self-nerfing that's smacked in the readers faces ?

There is absolutely no nerfing going on here. Saturn is just fucking shit. The same people that didn't even try to fight casual Kizaru are holding it down against the elders to a point the chapters is called stalemate.

Controversial take but the nerf is the other way around.

The straw hats are massively nerfed so the monster trio can be the heroes.

Usopp had access to sea prism bullets in Wano, Oda chose to ignore that, he awakened haki in Dressrosa, Oda chose to ignore that

In fact none of the straw hats were given haki during their two year training session

None of the straw hats awakened haki during their encounters with warlords and Yonkos.

If the straw hats were freed from Oda they would shit all over your favorites

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
it make no sense for it to be kaido vs shs. luffy needed to defeat kaido in a 1 v1 so he can solidify himself has a top tier
🤣 I was hoping the strawhats like hold him off until Luffy got there

What's the point of correcting someone, if you only point out half the mistakes?
Right. That's lazy.

To be fair to the OP, we all know that Oda prevents Luffy from low-diffing the enemy right away. He stalls Luffy intentionally to stop him from doing it. The enemies, as a result, spend a lot of time not fighting him. Not only that, they most certainly do make mistakes when fighting him.

People pointed out that Saturn could've killed everybody before when Luffy was down... This is true. He did one of the stupid villain things where they talk and talk and talk without doing what they were planning to do in the first place.

Saturn could've killed Luffy before, but he got caught up talking shit to Bonney.

They are supposed to be hardcore... What stupid villain does that? Lol