Status
Not open for further replies.
Skypeia one of the most hated and divisive arcs was way more creative and better than this. Its sad.

WCI was IMMENSELY more creative, interesting, varied and felt like a true Yonko's territory too. Onigashima looked amazing from both inside and outside, that did compensate for Wanko but Wano started off so amazingly well too and really sunk hard like the original Wano itself did too.

Hell, Zou is far better than Wano in terms of design and visual appeal too. (In before Furry joke) Punk Hazard is miles better too due to the state the Chadmirals left it in too. The dynamic of a frozen hellscape vs a more typical firey hellscape in equal eternal clash with each other and the ruins of Vegapunks and Caesars former lab was really cool.

Okami is such an immensely superior version of Wano in so many ways, its just depressing. And that didnt have fucking decades of build up for it too. (Yet again Im setting up another furry joke potentially lmao)
Oda really stopped world building his islands in the new world.

Like just go reread Alabasta and see Oda construct and build multiple different cities and wildlife in those islands that greatly affected the plot and characters of the arc.

Then see a significantly longer arc in Wano and tell me the fuck is the difference between tamas leftovers town and Yasuies leftovers town.

Like just go reread Alabasta and see Oda construct and build multiple different cities and wildlife in those islands that greatly affected the plot and characters of the arc.

Then see a significantly longer arc in Wano and tell me the fuck is the difference between tamas leftovers town and Yasuies leftovers town.
Oda was high in testosterone then
Now he's an old man with spondylitis and hungry for money

Kizaruber Eats

Eustass Nami has such a nice ring to it...

Its so ironic and so true man. People preach the world building in OP is way better post TS (Oda's angels/glazers/grifters say it) and yet pre TS I felt was far more imaginative, creative and adventurous. Post TS has some great ideas but very limited, very few and far between.

Exactly that too! All those different weird, unique animals in Alabasta alone, Long Ring Long Island was amazing conceptually too and hsa some of the strangest animals I've ever seen too, I loved it. Thriller Bark was a tour de force of creativity too along with Skypeia ofc. Impel Down too, my god, Oda really hard on making Impel Down bizarrely creative too.

Right?! Wano was like modern anime games/Pirate Warriors level of lazy, generic repetition and predictability. I had so much hype to see Ringo given its importance to Zoro, Ryuuma and such (I presumed Zoro would have far more relevancy to it by lineage with Ryuuma, his own family and such) and even with the reveal of the original Wano, it was the same as current Wano but its just 3 times bigger and underwater?

People had really cool ideas for Wano for it being a giant turtle and the map of the c ountry looking like a turtle's shell wiith all the segments, Oars being the one to form Wano by pulling all these smaller nations together into one place.

We had Mount Fuji(tora) there and that never came up and was used either, despite people thinking it will be relevant.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/mu69ls
In fact, fuck it, I asked Gemini, the Google AI (I use that instead of "BITCH GPT" now) and it gave me this in a few seconds after I made a specific request of it:

Wano Reimagined: A Land of Myth and Mystery

Geography:
  • The Floating Islands: Instead of a single island, Wano is a chain of landmasses suspended in the sky by colossal Sakura trees with roots extending down into the clouds. Each island represents a different region, with unique climates, cultures, and flora.
  • The Eternal Waterfall: A massive waterfall cascades endlessly from the highest island down to the ocean below, creating a mist that shrouds the lower islands in an ethereal veil. This waterfall is said to be the source of Wano's life-giving water.
  • The Oni Gates: Scattered across the islands are ancient stone gates adorned with Oni masks. These gates are rumored to be portals to other realms or dimensions, guarded by powerful spirits.
  • The Bamboo Forest of Whispers: A sprawling bamboo forest covers one of the islands, where the wind whispers secrets of the past. The trees here are said to have memories, and some believe they can communicate with those who listen closely.
  • The Oni's Graveyard: A desolate island filled with eerie stone statues of Oni warriors. Legends speak of a great battle that took place here long ago, leaving the island haunted by the spirits of fallen Oni.
Wildlife:
  • Thunder Kirin: Majestic creatures with the bodies of deer and the heads of dragons, capable of summoning lightning from their antlers. They are revered as protectors of Wano.
  • Kitsune Foxes: Mischievous spirits that can shapeshift into human form. They are known for their love of trickery and pranks, but also for their wisdom and knowledge of ancient magic.
  • Kappa Turtles: Water spirits that inhabit the rivers and ponds of Wano. They are known for their playful nature and their love of cucumbers.
  • Tengu Ravens: Intelligent birds with human-like faces that live in the mountains. They are skilled warriors and master craftsmen, revered for their knowledge and skills.
  • Baku Dream Eaters: Mythical creatures that feed on nightmares, protecting the people of Wano from bad dreams. They are said to be gentle giants with the power to grant wishes.
Flora:
  • Moonlit Lotus: Glowing flowers that bloom only at night, illuminating the landscape with an ethereal light. They are said to possess healing properties.
  • Whispering Bamboo: Bamboo trees with hollow stalks that amplify the wind, creating haunting melodies that echo through the forest.
  • Dragonfruit Trees: Massive trees that bear vibrant red fruits with scales resembling dragon skin. These fruits are said to grant incredible strength and vitality.
  • Sakura Trees of Eternity: Ancient Sakura trees with gnarled trunks and pink blossoms that never fade. They are revered as symbols of endurance and resilience.
  • Weeping Willow of Sorrow: A solitary willow tree with drooping branches that are said to absorb the sadness and grief of those who touch it.
Unique Features:
  • The Celestial Forge: A massive, ancient forge powered by the stars themselves. It is said that the legendary swords of Wano were created here, and some believe it still holds the power to forge weapons of unimaginable power.
  • The Spirit Temple: A hidden temple deep within the Bamboo Forest of Whispers, where shamans commune with the spirits of nature. They offer guidance and protection to those who seek their wisdom.
  • The Oni Academy: A secret training ground for aspiring Oni warriors, located on a secluded island. The rigorous training here tests both physical strength and spiritual fortitude.
  • The Floating Market: A bustling marketplace that travels between the islands on a giant cloud-ship. It offers a wide variety of exotic goods and rare treasures from across Wano.
  • The Festival of Lights: A vibrant celebration held once a year, where the islands are illuminated with lanterns and fireworks. It is a time of joy and renewal, where the people of Wano come together to honor their ancestors and celebrate their culture.
This reimagined Wano is a land steeped in myth and mystery, where ancient traditions and supernatural elements intertwine with a vibrant culture and diverse natural environment. It's a place where adventure awaits around every corner, and where the past and present coexist in a harmonious balance.

This would have been IMMENSELY better and easily have rivalled Okami or something like Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Sengoku Basara or any series or IP that showcases traditional Japan and is based on it.

It came up with this in less than 5 SECONDS! People hate on AI a LOT but it can be used for AMAZING things too like many other things in life.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
It's not even inherently bad it just feels like something we got a month ago
I feel you. I just read it.

Good:

-The Vegapunk Speech isn't over yet. I always said it needed another major reveal, which looks like we'll get
-Emeth about to put in work with some ancient techniques :steef:
-Atlas sacrifice

Bad:

-Probably another 13 page chapter
-No real Strawhats standing up to the Gorosei in real fights
-"That" and "The speech has another part" teasing which is needed right now not next week lol

Overall, let's wait and see how it lands with the pics/scans. But it's definitely not a bad chapter imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.