Controversial Best Written Shonen Manga Here?

R1: Best Written Manga Here? R2: Your Fave Manga Here?


  • Total voters
    19

Light D Lamperouge

𝕴𝖓 π•Ώπ–π–Žπ–˜ 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 π•Ίπ–“π–‘π–ž 𝕴 𝖆𝖒 π•Άπ–Žπ–“π–Œ
β€Ž
#1
Title.

R1: Best Written Manga Here?

R2: Your Fave Manga Here?




Contestants


Death Note



VS


Hunter x Hunter



VS


Fullmetal Alchemist



VS


D.Gray-Man



VS


Attack on Titan




Discuss.


​
 

Light D Lamperouge

𝕴𝖓 π•Ώπ–π–Žπ–˜ 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 π•Ίπ–“π–‘π–ž 𝕴 𝖆𝖒 π•Άπ–Žπ–“π–Œ
β€Ž
#3
Imo and I am sure there is a degree of biasness here as well.


Light vs L laps everything on the list, every arc. Part 2 brings it down a notch, where it's more debatable, but I am going with DN.



HxH, stunning and amazing. Has very high peaks, not many lows.


FMA - consistently good. Would say it doesn't reach the peaks of others, but doesn't have the lows of others either.


DGM - similar to HxH, with the author also having monumental hiatuses.


AOT - 70-75% of the story was absolute top tier, and up there with the all time greats. The rest and the final knock it down a peg or two.
 

Light D Lamperouge

𝕴𝖓 π•Ώπ–π–Žπ–˜ 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 π•Ίπ–“π–‘π–ž 𝕴 𝖆𝖒 π•Άπ–Žπ–“π–Œ
β€Ž
#5
@Light D Lamperouge I told you I wasn't going to vote in the Worst written poll because I didn't feel it would be fair to OP, Naruto, Jojo and Bleach, but if you'd added AOT to that group I'd have voted for it in a second lol
Lol.


I can understand tho.

AOT is very divisive. Some people feel that the ending ruined everything. Some like me, while disliking the ending, can still appreciate the rest and the story, and personally I don't regret reading it. Kinda similar to my feelings towards the GoT TV show.
 

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
#6
Highest peak : DN > AOT > HxH > FMA

Lowest low : AOT > DN > HxH > FMA

depends what you value the most

I still think most of AOT is peak shonen material and my heart biased toward it

i think if you want to reward what had the highest impact / the highest high without thinking about the lows : DN is the answer

If you want to reward very good peaks and very few lows : HxH is the answer

I think consistency is a bit overrated. Peaks are more rewarding than lows. So I don’t think FMA can win this

Even if I would pick AOT I think DN or HxH is the right answer
 

Light D Lamperouge

𝕴𝖓 π•Ώπ–π–Žπ–˜ 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 π•Ίπ–“π–‘π–ž 𝕴 𝖆𝖒 π•Άπ–Žπ–“π–Œ
β€Ž
#7
Imo and I am sure there is a degree of biasness here as well.


Light vs L laps everything on the list, every arc. Part 2 brings it down a notch, where it's more debatable, but I am going with DN.



HxH, stunning and amazing. Has very high peaks, not many lows.


FMA - consistently good. Would say it doesn't reach the peaks of others, but doesn't have the lows of others either.


DGM - similar to HxH, with the author also having monumental hiatuses.


AOT - 70-75% of the story was absolute top tier, and up there with the all time greats. The rest and the final knock it down a peg or two.
Highest peak : DN > AOT > HxH > FMA

Lowest low : AOT > DN > HxH > FMA

depends what you value the most

I still think most of AOT is peak shonen material and my heart biased toward it

i think if you want to reward what had the highest impact / the highest high without thinking about the lows : DN is the answer

If you want to reward very good peaks and very few lows : HxH is the answer

I think consistency is a bit overrated. Peaks are more rewarding than lows. So I don’t think FMA can win this

Even if I would pick AOT I think DN or HxH is the right answer
 

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
#11
Sure, peaks are preferred for favouritism.

But it's not about consistency. Rather wrapping the story perfectly. Only then can a story be masterpiece. Full metal Alchemist fits in perfectly - splendidly.
It’s not really for favouritism

it’s just that it gave me more feelings, more memories, more pleasure than whatever FMA gave me during its whole ride : Light vs L, some arcs in AOT, Chimera ant arcs etc

FMA is a good 15-16/20 story, but it didn’t carry me that far emotionally wise
 
#14
Dn and d gray didn't read or watch
Fma watched the wrong anime and i don't inted to watch the cannon
Hh watched new anime and read manga until before last arc
..
So fma fake one is great i think πŸ€” according to my memories 14 years ago lol

Hh didn't click for me at all i prefer to watch oda shit show weekly than hh ,

Now AOT
It was magnificent epic marvelous oh my god nothing like that work was before
Then season 4 happened which make it the worst and its not one or 2 event in s4
No all s4 i hate it its like something else from tge garbage .

So I will say aoe according to first 3 seasons only
 
Top