General & Others NEW MANGA BY MASASHI KISHIMOTO NARUTO SHADOW RISING

#5
OT: Insane news. The Minato/Kushina one shot was already so good and there's so much potential in the blank period. It was either this or the past great wars.

Is there really that much potential for a blank period series though?

When I saw people on Twitter talking about Kishimoto writing Naruto again I got excited… until I found out it was a sequel

We’re at a point in the story that there’s very little conflict that Naruto and Sasuke can’t handle with their eyes closed

There’s just not much I can see Kishimoto doing here that would be particularly interesting

A prequel after that Minato oneshot though? That would’ve set the whole Naruto fandom on fire
 
#12
We’re at a point in the story that there’s very little conflict that Naruto and Sasuke can’t handle with their eyes closed
It more feels like we'll get increasingly some good old Naruto v Sasuke back. I can see this being written from Sasuke's pov, what he experienced after leaving the village, marrying and how his views on how the world should be run could potentially still lead him to fighting with Naruto. Not like there's anyone that could oppose him anyways.

I also don't see how Kishi is cooking up another villain so soon after the war that requires a Naruto/Sasuke team up.
 
Last edited:
#16
Is there really that much potential for a blank period series though?

When I saw people on Twitter talking about Kishimoto writing Naruto again I got excited… until I found out it was a sequel

We’re at a point in the story that there’s very little conflict that Naruto and Sasuke can’t handle with their eyes closed

There’s just not much I can see Kishimoto doing here that would be particularly interesting

A prequel after that Minato oneshot though? That would’ve set the whole Naruto fandom on fire
A prequel sounds good in theory, but it would inevitably end up with:
1. a billion continuity issues, Kishi definitely doesn't remember every little thing from when he was writing Naruto
2. endless parallels that imitate things we've already seen in the og story, since that's his style and what the fans want.
 
Top