Worstgen

Cinera
Cinera
It was upgraded to 500 million, but the reason for that upgrade seems to be (almost) entirely the defeat of Doflamingo and not him leaving the Shichibukai?
Finalbeta
Finalbeta
I think he is right too. SHs' bounties will always get inflated no matter what, expecially the hightest ranked nakamas
Garp the Fist
Garp the Fist
Well, there was a very small window for his bounty to rise between officially leaving the Warlords (which didn't happen until Green Bit, not PH) and the bounty raises of Dressrosa. I think if you were to ask Oda he'd say leaving the Warlords did effect his bounty and that's why it was as high as Luffy's.
Garp the Fist
Garp the Fist
A similar situation though is Jinbei not getting a bounty raise after WCI, which is solely because Oda has one eye on Wano and wants to give him a huge raise with the rest of the crew there. Plus it would have confirmed his survival, not that anyone really felt he was dead.
Cinera
Cinera
I agree with the Jinbe case, but regarding the equal bounties I always thought it was the duo being equally credited for taking him down. When Kaido received the News of Doflamingo's defeat he had both Bounty posters and belittled the two of them.
Cinera
Cinera
I had always interpreted that scene as in universe evidence that both were credited with the defeat.
Garp the Fist
Garp the Fist
Depends what you mean by being credited with his defeat. Law getting credit as mastermind of the event, yes. Getting credit for the role Gamma Knife played, no. Nobody saw GK, the perception of Doflamingo's physical defeat was what people saw- Luffy punching him around town in G4.
Cinera
Cinera
I mean that the public perception in the One Piece world isn't "Luffy defeated Doflamingo", but "Luffy and Law defeated Doflamingo". Luffy doesn't seem to be solely (or even especially) credited with the feat:
* Sakazuki ordered Issho to bring Luffy and Law's heads.
* Kaido belittled both Luffy and Law when considering Doffy's defeat.
* They both got equal bounties.
Cinera
Cinera
As best as I can tell, the external perception (outside Dressrosa) seems to credit the duo with the feat. Big Mom may have been the only one to really credit Luffy, and she has been depicted as having a very impressive intelligence network (so she may be privy to information the others aren't).
Garp the Fist
Garp the Fist
I go by the perception on Dressrosa, and that was that Luffy defeated Doflamingo. The entire end of the fight was Gatz telling the people of Dressrosa about Luffy being a great hero who was going to knock Doffy out in one more hit. There was no mention of Law at any point, and nobody saw the role he played. The outside perception is what would have been in the papers, and reported to the Marines by Smoker and Fuji