Worstgen

RayanOO
RayanOO
On the panel we can clearly see that Zoro has his 3 swords and the one in his mouth.
The stance is different yes but it did the same thing than ISDS : the torso part is as huge as the ISDS cutting and it also lifted and separated the two parts a lot.
So why using a very hyped Named attack (ISDS) when a basic nameless haki slash can do the same purpose.
Cinera
Cinera
I think the stance being different is a much more important point. It's like if Luffy punched someone with one fist claiming that it was a Jet Bazooka because it has a similar damage.

ISDS is the upgraded Sanzen Sekai and is an Ougi. It's never been something Zoro could spam and it is always preceded by a very specific stance. Again, even the anime didn't depict it as a continuation of ISDS.
Cinera
Cinera
The nameless slash was weaker than ISDS. It wasn't far weaker, but it was indeed weaker (the gap it created was much smaller, and it was horizontal, so less force was required than for vertical lift).
Cinera
Cinera
I think the true answer to your question though was that Oda wanted to show ISDS. A weaker attack may have sufficed, but Oda wanted to demonstrate the stronger attack, so he opted for that.
RayanOO
RayanOO
The damage done is important : if Luffy punchs two times the same opponent : one time with a jet bazooka and the other with a no name G2 punch, if the damage done is similar I am tempted to say that the second punch was a jet bazooka or as powerful.
RayanOO
RayanOO
I agree that the gap created by the official ISDS is a bit wider than the other one. And the first slash looks more powerful but it is not night and day at all.
RayanOO
RayanOO
So saying that a slash that can cut the huge Pica torso vertically and with a powerful shockwave enough to separate the two parts by some distance is just a nameless one doesn't fit. ISDS is Zoro best 3 swords attacks bar Ashura for now, so it makes no sense if the second slash is not a very high end 3 swords slash
RayanOO
RayanOO
Saying it is nameless to hype zoro power is not really fair.
Cinera
Cinera
I agree with your last point. The slash Zoro used to push Issho back was a nameless Itoryu slash, but it's stronger than some of his named slashes (Hody blocked a named slash back on FI with one of his subordinates). The simple answer is that for Zoro named attacks aren't automatically stronger than nameless attacks.
Cinera
Cinera
The most important thing isn't that the attack was nameless, but that it's something he can spam (as shown when he diced Pica's arm). That's the important thing. Zoro can spam his high end slashes that dice mountains.
RayanOO
RayanOO
Yes but you know that "nameless" today is used to say "basic" when someone bring the argument. It is the same thing with "one shot" when someone is one shot with a G4 and with Luffy simple slap it is different.
When people use the nameless thing it means for them that Zoro was casual.
Cinera
Cinera
As for the G2 thought experiment, I wouldn't agree. Jet Bazooka requires two arms and the form of the attack is very specific. I wouldn't call the other attack a Jet Bazooka just cause it's damage was near that of a Jet Bazooka.
Cinera
Cinera
Zoro was wearing his bandana, so he was very serious. He was also using hardening. Those are his higher end attacks. They require effort, but not as much effort as a Red Hawk does from Luffy. Zoro can spam them to an extent.
RayanOO
RayanOO
Haki is not limitless and I don't think Zoro can spam Pica torso slash a lot. I don't think Zoro strains himself less doing it than Luffy doing a red hawk.
Cinera
Cinera
He did spam him it while trying to find Pica. Luffy uses Red Hawk as a finisher and generally doesn't repeat it. Zoro's large slashes don't seem to be that way.

I think it's less taxing for him than a Red Hawk. I guess a Red Hawk would be about as taxing as Sanzen Sekai.