Worstgen

Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
It does more but that is one of the effects. Being unable to feel pain means that Guts’ body becomes unsheathed from the natural limits that pain forces onto a person. Guts can swing his sword harder and move faster because his natural limiters that limit his strength are suppressed, which is a double edged sword that makes him stronger but also means he is liable to damage his own body from his own strength.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
The Berserker Armor also represses his positive emotions like love and happiness and amplifies his negative emotions like rage and hatred, while blinding him from from his friends and enemies, meaning he’s liable to kill his own allies while under the armor’s effect.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Most gruesomely, the armor will hold Guts together until he can free himself from its influence via repressing his rage, or until he straight up dies. If his limbs are broken or he is sliced open, the armor will violently force his body back together to keep him fighting, even if the armor damages him even more to do this lol.
D
Dragomir
I see now. That must be why Schierke has to keep "bringing him back" anytime he goes full cowl. I assume it's Guts' goal to somehow be able to control it himself?
D
Dragomir
Also, does the armor make him age? He looks 40 now when he should still be around 20some.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Yeah if he can’t control the armor, he is literally liable to kill everyone indiscriminately. A true “Berserker” Lol.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
He is looking older for a couple of reasons:
1. The horrific pain and damage his body undergoes when the armor takes over, even with Puck’s healing, is still destroying him.
2. He’s actually losing muscle mass from all the time he spends recovering, and the fact that he’s not constantly fighting for his life like he used to be.
3. And ofc I suppose, he is literally getting older lol.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
In the current manga, [very minor spoiler] Guts spends time swinging Dragonslayer for training like he used to do during the Golden Age so he can retain his strength lol.
D
Dragomir
Hmm, so with #2, does it mean that Guts' base strength is getting weaker with each use of the armor? And if so, wouldn't that weaken his Berserker form too?
D
Dragomir
Oh, alright. I see now. Good for him. Casca does go back to normal after they meet that Elf King right?
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
It’s tough to say. Yes he is fighting less often now, but he is also getting recovery time now than he’s never had before. So he may have been stronger prior to now, but he also never had time to truly rest and get back to his full strength, and he was always wounded lol.