Worstgen

Akai2
Akai2
I mean I could understand it. It was an emotionally charged chapter, but I see why it bothers other readers when they're told before they experience something how it should make them feel. Different people react differently so always take the editor's comments as marketing.
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
@Akai2 I wouldn’t say the emotional impact of off screening Kanjuro after his masterful heel turn 20 chapters ago merits that response from the editor, though...we didn’t get to see any dialogue between people who’d been comrades for so long without knowing one of them was a traitor.
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
If we’d gotten even a few more panels showing how difficult it was for the rest of the Scabbards to have to put their longtime friend down, I could understand, but we saw nearly none of it. Did he cry from the fact that this is another wasted opportunity to show us some emotionally complex battles instead of just speeding up the action to reach the end of the arc?
Akai2
Akai2
I talked about how the abrupt ending of the Kanjuro plot line didn't work for me here https://bit.ly/3gtSids
I was referring to Momo's moment and the Scabbards carrying Oden's words and attacking Kaido after 20 years. I'm not saying I cried lol But I could understand why someone else would get emotional. Both were emotionally charged scenes.
Akai2
Akai2
But I know there're people that would've gotten emotional that didn't just because they were told they should. Personally, I'm immune to anything affecting my experience of the manga, but I understand that others aren't and are bothered by it. At the end of the day it's marketing 101
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
@Akai2 Totally see where you’re coming from, A2...there’s a lot of meaning behind both events, no denying that. Gotta stop letting my expectations too high; Oda’s capable of meeting them, but that doesn’t mean he can every time.