Worstgen

Seth
Seth
I have a question in mind but I don't know how to put in words.
Hmm. I wanted to ask you about the value of gray human's vote or something like this. Like I say I don't know how to put it into words so it would make sense.
bennbeckman
bennbeckman
Idk if you are joking or not haha. I do not know what "Gray human's vote" mean, are you referring to the elder population?
Finalbeta
Finalbeta
Had never heard of it before
Seth
Seth
Hmm. I hear a lot that inside the voting people always mix some things and there is always a certain population of people from certain age that votes matter more or some shit like that. Nvm let's leave this.
J
Just a member
The point is that american electoral system is made up so that there can be only 2 parties. And of course after decades that they know each other they have their own deals behind the courtains, not to count how most lobbies give money to both to be sure. If there is somebody that could be dangerous it is stopped, Bernie, if there is a moron who will destroy USA credibility in the world among other things no probleam.
J
Just a member
No problem as long as he keeps doing the interests of the right people (Gun lobbies, private healthcare, you probably know the list better than me).
bennbeckman
bennbeckman
Definitely the older/elder population votes a lot more than the millenial and gen z population. They love their voting and usually a much higher percentage vote Republican. Also it's easier for people like Fox news to fear monger old people and consistently drive their false narratives as well
bennbeckman
bennbeckman
Electoral System is trash along with a 2 party system in US bec it's all bipartisan political games, putting peoples livelyhoods at stake for ex Covid relief fund.
2nd issue is these major lobbyists, corporations and superpacs donate millions to these politicians so they are much more influential than the working american as well.
bennbeckman
bennbeckman
Healthcare, these pharmaceuitcal giants raise prices many folds of these perscriptions and gain millions off it, while families struglle to pay for it. For ex Insulin in US cost $300 per vial in Canada it cost $30. Avg price of healthcare per capita in US is the highest, etc
Seth
Seth
@bennbeckman My further family went to USA years ago and I remember my Aunt crying because at first they couldn't pay for health insurance.
Medicine is helping People? Ofc it does but the quality of the "help" depends on how deep is your sack :milaugh:
bennbeckman
bennbeckman
because we are a country of insatiable amount of greed.
J
Just a member
The problem is that a 3rd party will never ever be relevant in a presidential race so as long as you can control the left and right party you are good, like the dem did with Bernie: when they saw he was the favorite all the others, with few excpetions maybe, went against him. It is all made to not let the power slip from these parties whose work is to do the interests of whobis paying them.
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
EXISTENCE IS FUCKING PAIN...DO WE HAVE SPOILERS YET
J
Just a member
In Italy we had a new party which managed to change a bit the system for the better but before doing so its leader tried to enter the italian left party but he was of course denied even to enter, so he made his own party and took the 32% at the last election. The electoral law was changed a bit sobthat he could not govern even with that % yet at least the traditional 2 party system was beaten.
Seth
Seth
J
Just a member
I don't know if that is possible even in USA but the moral of the story is that you can not change a rotten party who does the opposite of what people needs from the inside, you are recognized as a tumor in a well oiled body and eliminated.
Tobra
Tobra
yo what happened to old billionaire sanders guy i thought he was liked by everyone wouldn’t he be the next president i’m not hearing about him anymore i’m not american
M
MD Zolo
Billionaire? Sanders? I thought he finally became a millionaire after writing a book.

May be you are talking about Bloomberg?
Tobra
Tobra
just searched him up he’s actually a millionaire not a billionaire he also apparently dropped out of the race? idk everyone seemed to like him 😐
M
MD Zolo
Problem is he is too far left. So, he can't find support among middle-ground Democrats. Basically Biden mirrored Hilary Clinton and won over the Democratic Base.

Of course, the last time the Sanders supporters kind of rebelled. Let's see what happens this time.