Worstgen

KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
I'm most excited to know what Teach is planning. He gave Shiryu and Devon the perfect fruits for subterfuge. Shiryu even called his a useful power. I can't believe it's just for combat, since he has no trouble killing folks without it. They'll likely try to steal something big.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Act 2. Ashura's bitterness feels like part of a more interesting storyline than what we actually got. I was so excited to see what direction it would go, what had to have happened to make him give up, but most importantly-- how was he gonna reconcile it? Oh well.
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
They’re almost better than the action in Wano itself...have you gotten to chapter 957 yet??
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
And so begins Luffy's and Kid's wonderful relationship. Kid needed this. A way to tell readers he and Luffy aren't so different, and that despite all his losses, there's a man of real gusto like our lovable MC.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Grandpa Hyou is inarguably the most tragic character of Wano, and he is criminally underrated. He more than anyone represents Wano's fall. And Luffy's instinctive desire to protect him speaks to his larger desire of protecting Wano. A cherished bond those two built.
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
Then I will say no more, except I’m excited to hear your thoughts on that particular installment once you get there 🤐
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
I mean, I know what you're talking about. lol
I was there when the chapter first came out. All I can say is, Xebec was the most interesting part of it. And I'd like to know what hand he plays in Wano's overall narrative besides providing background for Kaido's and Linlin's partnership.
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
Hahaha, all right, good...I guess you were here when it came out, after all. I wonder if we have to wait for the Roger flashback to get his full story 😩
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
I'm still holding out for a full Roger flashback. All the way from when he started out and met Rayleigh, to his capture and execution. Oden's flashback did a great job of laying out his character and making him feel like a person, beyond the monolithic figure he's been painted.
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
I don’t think it’s even a question now, but more of a narrative imperative. From the bits we saw in Oden’s flashback, there’s a lot that’s not only worthy of expanding on, but necessary to understanding Luffy’s journey in the proper context.