Worstgen

KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Starting with Luffy. I like that he is having a tricky time getting the hang of the next armament application. This technique requires subtlety and control. Two things that aren't Luffy's forte. But he makes up for it with a fantastic Future Sight showcase, rivaling Katakuri.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Oda also connects this training to Zoro, with the revelation that he used this technique to cut down Mr. 1. Which makes sense, as this application of haki comes more naturally to them. And Koshiro's family comes from Wano, where haki flow is common among Wano samurai.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
With Hiyori, her reunion with Momonosuke is gonna be big. Oda has sprinkled teases to their reunion ever since her name drop in 920. Both Momo and Hiyori have resigned themselves not to meet until the battles are won. It might even be more emotional than Kyros' and Rebecca's reunion if Oda plays his cards right.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
A rather minor moment, but I liked Toko's shocked reaction to Zoro not finding her joke funny. Everyone in Ebisu can't help but show a smiling face, so as a mean to cope with their condition, they feign happiness and laughter. Toko probably tries to be as funny as possible as to not remind herself of her condition. Though it's hard when no ones laughing with you. She was likely hurt by Zoro's dejection.
Natalija
Natalija
Can you write this in some thread, I really appreciate it but can't reply :'(
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Oda crams a lot for Yasu in the span of a chapter. He has him do as much good things to endear you to him. I, however, still think his strongest impression prior to what is about to come would be his philosophy which he employed to the people of Ebisu. Spreading joy even through misery. It doesn't demand you do something for them, but the sentiment itself works wonders.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Hyogoro is my favorite character introduced in Act 2. A man unfairly cut down at the prime of his life. And while Yasu is similar, Hyogoro is simply a deeper character with more pathos. I think the fact we learn more about what he lost in his hayday makes his fall from grace that much more brutal. He was beloved as the greatest Yakuza, was a powerful swordsman, a loving marriage.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
And most of all, he had the choice to join Kaido's crew, but he refused out of sheer loyalty. But that loyalty and resolve was tested to its utmost limit. He was about to burn out completely, until a spark, not unlike the one on his head, ignited. The spark of hope for the country. Solid character.
Finalbeta
Finalbeta
I'm glad you are catching up nakama :) hope you are enjoying your read
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
@Natalija I'd like to, but my thoughts are pretty scattered at the moment. I do plan on making a comprehensive Wano analysis sometime after I finish the Oden flashback, though.