Worstgen

KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Zoro's and Sanji's reunion is the high point. Their dynamic went missing for quite a while, so to see it given this grand return is fanservice to the highest degree.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Yasu's death is more inspirational in retrospect than sad. He went out on his own terms. Provided the Alliance a second wind, and died with what I believed to be a genuine smile.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
When Brook told Zoro and the others ushimitsu kozo was captured, Hiyori's reaction was intriguing. There was a healthy bit of misdirection earlier when she said she did not know where Denjiro was, so it made it easy to disregard Kyoshiro as an ally. However, her reaction to ushimitsu kozo's capture means she knew him quite well. Like Kyoshiro.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
When Shinobu was describing the SMILES and likening them to masks, we get a shot of an Ebisu citizen who's face is structured like a japanese noh mask. Excellent visual juxtaposition.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Zoro's anger is palpable. Some of his panels are the best he's ever looked. And he homed in specifically on the SMILE fruits. That set him off more than even Yasu's death, probably. He must've thought back to the times he saw Toko laughing and smiling constantly and realizing she couldn't help it. And he just wrote it off as annoying at the time. It's no wonder he's furious.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Franky's T-800 panel, however gives Zoro's panels a run for their money on the fierceness level.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
The Kamazou/Killer twist is likely around the time I started turning around on Kid and Killer. I guess what I needed to see from them is more beyond the tryhard edgelord act. We get some insight into how the two began their journey, and that they've always had eachother. Kid's loyalty to his crew is akin to Luffy, and even Luffy started to gain a modicum of respect for Kid when learning he's the type who wouldn't-