Worstgen

KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
First, the bad. Ashura's turn was far too easy and convenient. Considering how much time was spent on his disillusion, the pay off to his return should've been more satisfying. And to make things worse, he basically hands the alliance a bunch of rewards like the mansion plans, boats, a bunch of willing soldiers. If he was sitting on all this, he shouldn't have been so abstinent to begin with.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Ok, that's the bad out of the way. The rest was pleasant, however. Back in Udon, Luffy chides Momo to stand up to his would be soldiers. He faces them with reluctance, but still does so. He needs to be more than an extension of his father. He must rally these men as himself. I'm interested in Momo's coming developments. He's been growing admirably in Wano.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Elsewhere, we get an update on Zoro. His pledge to avenge Yasuie is a lot more profound than it appears. One of Yasuie's final thoughts before he perished was for the Alliance to avenge him during the big battle. As far as I can remember, Zoro has been the only alliance member to respond to this plea. There's a spiritual element at play. Like Zoro subconsciously knew what Yasu was thinking.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Law telling his crew not to tell Luffy he was caught is shady. I can understand if it were just Luffy, but his words extended to the whole crew, for Bepo and the others said nothing to Nami when giving the updated message. Luffy is irrational, but Nami's level headed. It wouldn't have hurt them to tell her the situation and for her not to tell Luffy.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
There's been a brewing about betrayal ever since Punk Hazard, and it's been rampant all throughout Wano. Two chapters in a row, pirate betrayal is emphasized. And at the same time, Law is being suspicious. This is going somewhere, and it has me more worried than even the Yonko, who have begun clashing at the exact same time.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Gyukimaru's rants about Shusui are eye rolling, personally, but I still like to believe it'll be addressed. The fact that all of Wano's misfortunes are linked to it and Ryuma's abduction intrigues me. And it just so happens the sword Shusui returns around the fated period of the battle. Though Ryuma's body has turned to ash, the sword was returned alongside a man resembling Ryuma.