Worstgen

ranady
ranady
He seems like a firm and bold guy unlike those soft valverde and setien. That's surely a type of coach Barca's need to handle Barca's senior players' ego. I hope he has guts to take off Messi from captaincy and give it to a more proper one
Fxckyall
Fxckyall
@Fallen Prince @ranady I agree with you guys. Sometimes old players that have been associated with the club for many seasons might have big ego, which kinda the main reason for clashing with coaches. And as well as hindering the development of youngsters.
Fxckyall
Fxckyall
And that’s also the reason I highly value the decision of some legends like Lahm, Xavi, Iniesta, that were stepping down when they knew that their time in the club were finished.
Thus allowing the youngsters to develop.
Fxckyall
Fxckyall
I think the coaches like Valverde and Setien were indeed playing the main part in Barca humiliation in CL the past 3 seasons (Roma,Liv,Bayern). But the players in those 3 matches were even worse imo, they looked hopeless, no direction, no spirits, like when Liverpool scored the second goal last season in Anfield, you might already tell that most of Barca players were giving up, lol lol.
They lack mentality, period.
ranady
ranady
Yup that's right, and I think messi's presence is kind like a double-edged sword. He is surely the greatest player Barcelona have currently but at the same time his presence just like you said it hinders youngster (especially attacking-minded player) potential like de Jong, Arthur, puig, etc, and also Messi isn't type of leader despite his incomparable skills.
ranady
ranady
We can see all Barca's players always pass to Messi when they build an attack or even when they are already near the penalty box. I expect de jong, Arthur, or coutinho (when still in Barca) to give some of their through pass Ike xavi-iniesta, but they always end up to pass Messi again. I hope with koeman they can be more confident with their skills and doesn't 'fear' to messi's presence
Fxckyall
Fxckyall
@ranady a player like Ramos is the type of captain that Barca needs. Loud, intimidating, never stops trying, like when he scored a header against Atlético 2013-14 final, a goal that inspired Real to make a comeback and won the trophy.
Fxckyall
Fxckyall
@ranady You’re right on that. And Ima just say that Busquets looks finished. He should really steps aside for players like Puig, De Jong to develop
ranady
ranady
As long as I watch Barca, Barca once had that type of captain (puyol) but he retired too early due to injury. Now Barca is struggling to find again the proper captain. I can see Ter stegen has potential but he's still considered junior compared the likes of Messi, pique, busquets.
Yeah busquets already finished, hope koeman dare to play dejong or puig, it's okay busquets still in team but only as a mentor for youngst
ranady
ranady
And also for recent last season's Barca make many unnecessary transfer which doesn't benefit them, just wasting money
ranady
ranady
I envy Bayern who do the right thing in regenerating the old players to the more fresh ones step by step lol
Finalbeta
Finalbeta
How do you guys believe the new manager will fare now that Barca is having quite some problems with their players
Finalbeta
Finalbeta
I wish the team all the best and that Messi will stay. From what I heard he might be obliged to remain at least 1 addictional year.