Worstgen

Chrono
Chrono
I disagree. Joker, whilst having a solid story, had in my opinion, a pretty mediocare and cliche plotline. The whole "Society/People made me evil" is a overdone trope. Most of the movie seemed like a pretty average flick about a mental dude, with the clickbait name "Joker". Only the last 10 minutes was actually good, and what I truly signed up for.
Chrono
Chrono
Parasite on the other hand, seems more gripping, chaotic and unpredictable for me. It had great characters with iconic and memorable scenes. I was always on the edge of my seat, and it was really fucking exciting and thrilling. It did have its problems with a few asspulls, but it seemed great nontheless.

Also music, editing and directing was top notch.
S
Shuyaku
Joker is a movie depicting an old comics villain, can't really criticize its use of old tropes lmfao, that's like saying Batman sucks cause superhero cliché. I thought it was well executed, you follow his descent to madness from start to end, and the acting was dope.

Problem with Parasite is, on the second watch it seemed like a borderline comical movie to me, the twists are lame if you already know them
S
Shuyaku
so that part of the charm is gone (not that they're superb twists in the first place), and overall didn't really pull me in quite as much as the first watch did, still a great movie, but i probably overreacted to it. My favorite part is probably the cinamatography on this one.