Worstgen

KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Oden is very individualistic, to the point he takes every action without anyone else's consideration. Instead of fighting alongside his retainers during his first assault on Orochi, he rushes to the capital to kill the snake himself, but is halted by the Barrier fruit. Orochi and Oden couldn't be more antithesis to eachother.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
On one corner you have a man completely self sufficient, but at the detriment of the people who wish to help him. On the other, we have a man completely dependent on others to cover his back. Through Oden and Orochi, Oda extrapolates two horrible forms of leadership. I can only hope Momonosuke proves the perfect balance between these two when he ultimately takes the Shogunate.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Kaido's presence is quite minimal despite his status as main antagonist. Though I imagine that is intentional so that when Kaido takes center stage, it'll impact us harder. But for now, he is a very weak villain. He lacks charisma, discernible character flaws, and threat presence. Oden and his Samurai put up a valiant effort against Kaido and his forces, despite being outnumbered 1 to 100.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
I'd have liked them to looked more overwhelmed than they actually were vs. the Beast Pirates. It undermines the eventually victory of the Alliance against Kaido in the present timeline. 4000 against 30000 are far better odds than the ones the Scabbards and Oden had to face in the flashback.