Worstgen

KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Oda wastes no time revealing the traitor, whom was Kanjuro. His motives are a little contrived, but I don't care much. Half the fun was piecing all the clues which connected back to him. That's some impressive continuity work from Oda. And I know he isn't beholden to any real world history, so it was never a clear cut clue, but Kanjuro was definitely inspired by Yamada Emosaku, who played the exact same role as-
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
informant for the Shogunate at the time. Both imposing isolationist policies.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
Second and somewhat more obvious reveal was Kyoshiro as Denjiro. Everything regarding his and Hiyori's secrecy is cleared up, and he has much to show for it, including all the prisoners of the Flower Capital. He removes the pompadour, which I won't lie, is a worse look for him. Really draws attention to his long face. The joke of Kin'emon falsely getting the message wrong, only to be considered a geniues by the-
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
others, was golden.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
But these two reveals simultaneously really give a sense of leaving no stone unturn. Like he wants to make sure all action is focused on Onigashima, no dangling plot threads back in the main land. Only ones I can think of that need to play a part at some point are Tama's dango and the Kokeshi dolls.
KiriNigiri
KiriNigiri
The Strawhats new outfits are great. Luffy's easily the best. It's a simple addition, but the coat completes him. He's finally approaching the caliber of pirate Shanks can call an equal, and the coat visualizes that perfectly.