Worstgen

Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Title: “Champion’s League” a Manga about gladiators. A young girl (unnamed so far) leaves home in search of glory to compete in the biggest tournament in the world-“The Champion’s League” where the winners will achieve fame, glory, riches, etc.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Along the way she meets a variety of companions/teammates like an edgy Shinobi, an under-confident sorcerer chick, etc...and they compete against other gladiators and shit lol. Sound like it’s an okay idea for a Shonen or what? Lol
Owl Ki
Owl Ki
Aye, sounds like a good start. Lol. So this would be a battle and character focused shonen, will it?
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Sorry, wife needed me so I dropped that before I was really done lol. And yeah, it would almost be like a giant tournament manga where the big arc battles were rounds in the tournament and the characters spent the time in between training and such.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
On the one hand, you’d have the tournaments for the fights and action and such, and then behind the scenes you’d have conspiracies and such about different factions trying to interfere with the tournament and the outcome in different ways through underhanded tactics and such lol.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Each character would have their own motives for wanting to win the tourney or alter the outcome by behind-the-scenes interferences and such lol. So it would be character focused to the extent that it explored why each character was doing things the way they were and such lol.
Owl Ki
Owl Ki
Hmm, interesting. You mentioned a sorcerer, so this fictional world will have magic?
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Yeah but most of the magic users would only use casual magic to enhance their gladiation lol. Like coating weapons in flame or electricity or something like that, not really huge magic for the most part. The few characters who can use larger displays of magic won’t be strong gladiators or even fighters, more scholarly and less combat focused lol.