Worstgen

Seth
Seth
Anime is pretty bad. Pacing gets weird at certain point and it takes some episodes before Asta's VA change his voice tone to not piss of people watching.
I highly recommend binging Manga rather than Anime/then manga.
Seth
Seth
We get like 1 top tier episode per XX episodes.
Manga is the way to go.

Tabata's art is evolving throughout the series and his art is really fucking good right now. Especially in fights.

You will love that.
Hades
Hades
@Seth ...I reached upto the "underworld temple" arc...have to say, series is good enough for me to continue more, however upto this part there was no "bang" moments in this series.....Yami, Asta and Julius are my favorites...
Seth
Seth
@Hades Good to know that the series at least makes you wanna stay. There are many great moments yet to come for you. Ofc you will feel a little generic with certain aspects but hey most of the MC's want to do things the way of no harm. Pay attention to Asta and Noelle's character development since it's really enjoyable especially Noelle. Have fun reading! You can update me how you feel about certain arcs if you want.
Hades
Hades
@Seth ...well the elves reincarnation arc was damn good....enjoyed it too much...royal knights selection was kinda boring but okay...and Zora, Noelle added to my favorite character list...
Seth
Seth
@Hades
If you liked Elf Reincarnation arc. Oh man. You should like the current arc even more. Tabata turned on Berserk fan mode.

It still has some generic moments that even hit me hard ( I will tell you after you catch up ) but ultimately I love this arc.
Hades
Hades
I don't mind generic moments if done well they are very good to watch....I don't like if manga goes too dark like Berserk though (unpopular opinion).
Seth
Seth
Well there are only certain motives that fits Berserk style. Obviously you won't get on screen rape or shit in Black Clover. Although I like that Tabata can go dark sometimes. It helps because many people try to say that Black Clover will end up like Fairy Tail. Well fuck no.
Hades
Hades
Yeah Black clover is better version of Fairy tail, I like both anyways.....but anime FT music is too good and they bring out emotions like anything...I have yet to connect to Black clover OST....
Hades
Hades
@Seth ...One thing I didn't like in Black clover is Asta didn't get single 1 vs 1 fight while his rival Yuno had almost all 1 vs 1 fight and even something more than one against him, and currently Yuno is far stronger than Asta, at this rate it is hard to believe whether he can even cover the gap by EOS...I just want one fucking atleast 1 vs 1 fight with strong opponent for Asta...
Hades
Hades
Asta and Yuno rivalry is looking like Naruto and Sasuke...atleast Naruto looked stronger than Sasuke at times and had 1 vs 1 fight with pain but Asta didn't have any fight of such caliber even at this point...it is pity for someone who wants to become Wizard king...
Seth
Seth
How far are you? ( arc name ) @Hades
Hades
Hades
That dude Yuno already became vice captain of their group and yet Asta is far from that level...sigh
Hades
Hades
@Seth ...currently at chapter 258
Seth
Seth
@Hades I recommend you the latest episode of the anime. Anime is generally shit but Tabata supervises some stuff right now and current episodes explains the situation with the whole Langris/VC thing. Asta doesn't fit for VC let alone Captain in my opinion at least yet. He's too easy to manipulate with emotions.

When it comes to 1 vs 1 I disagree. Asta vs Ladros and Asta vs Dante.
Seth
Seth
In Dante fight Bulls tried to help but they got quickly shrugged off and it was only Asta vs Dante.
Seth
Seth
Yuno is way better than Sasuke in my opinion. He respects Asta and still views him as a brother, not like Shippuuden Sasuke who was an emo teen.

Asta is on par with Yuno if I have to tell you by the chapter you are currently on. Yuno's magic is more flashy for sure.
Hades
Hades
Asta vs Dante is at I am right now and it is team fight with Yami.....and Asta is not that stupid....his mind properly whenever author wants..this is typical shonen troupe
Hades
Hades
I mean to say the rivalry but Yuno is better version of Sasuke...
Seth
Seth
Also @Hades They are exceptions in Anime when we have good episodes but we have like max 10 episodes for 150 fucking episodes that are good.

Watch the latest one and 151.

151 is the battle of Captains in the same style Royal Knights exam were. Pure hype for Captains.