Worstgen

King7
King7
but you play Chess or no ?
D
Dragomir
100% agree. One thing I love about it is how even though it's made clear that Beth is extremely talented, she most definitely would not have beaten Borgov without the help and training she got Benny, Harry, Jolene, etc. Beth's overall development from start to finish with the addiction problem, taken major losses, was great to watch.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
@King7 i know how to play but I wouldn’t say I play regularly lol.

@Dragomir yeah overall just a stellar show, far moreso than any other Netflix originals I’ve seen aside from *maybe* Mind Hunter but Queen’s Gambit still blows that one away.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Also, Borgov is my favorite “#1” trope ever lol. He was the worlds best chess player, but Beth stated that his moves were all obvious and inspiration-less, passionless and calculated lol. All these #1 characters in manga I read are often boring as shit but the Mangaka tries to wank them to high Heaven.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
It’s great to see the number 1 trope done correctly, IE with a cold calculation that lacks humanity and inspiration lol. Characters like Roger, All Might, Whitebeard, etc...their powers are actually boring as shit but the Mangaka tries to lie to the audience to make us think they’re entertaining.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Idk. For example I just always found Endeavor and his powers to be 10x cooler than All Might’s. All Might is just a boring brute while Endeavor has flare and style. But Hori wants to wank All Might to high Heaven lol. I’m probably alone in this but Borgov was the best #1 I’ve ever seen.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Actually I take that back: Alicia from Claymore. She is the best #1 character I’ve seen, next to Borgov lol.
King7
King7
we haven't seen what Advanced CoC can do though , which is probably Roger's main power

or do you already think Roger is a Swordsman ?