Worstgen

Cinera
Cinera
Given that lack of an impression, I find it hard to imagine Kidd would lead the show against one of the Yonkou. Kidd performing as well as Luffy in the upcoming fight after Chapter 1000 seems outlandish.
S
Shuyaku
I predict Zoro doing more damage to Kaido in the end, but Kid being able to keep up for longer by himself, if that makes sense.
Cinera
Cinera
If Kidd was going to give a showing that would match Luffy's in this fight, I'd expect him to make more of an impression, not just get completely ignored by the Yonkou.

In fairness Zoro was also ignored (though he did threaten Kaido), but you don't see me claiming that Zoro will match Luffy's performance in the upcoming fight.
Cinera
Cinera
I think Kidd will need to match Luffy's performance to outshine Zoro this fight. There's just so much narrative weight and setup behind Zoro pulling his weight vs Kaido.

The main thrust of the Scabbard's fight was simply that they weren't enough. They were not the samurai Kaido has been waiting for. Kaido said there shall never be a samurai as strong as Oden again.
Cinera
Cinera
That's weight. The story is telling us that Zoro is going to match Oden's accomplishments, and earn Kaido's recognition.

The only scene that even compares was in Chapter 1000 when Luffy said he'll surpass Kaido and become the Pirate King.

Kidd doesn't have any story reason driving him to outperform Zoro in this fight.
LANJI CUCKSMOKE
LANJI CUCKSMOKE
in the event he is the main combatant againt big mom tho alongside killer
that could work , but oda has yet to establish a conflict between the two.

in some ways you might be right about that
LANJI CUCKSMOKE
LANJI CUCKSMOKE
do you think he does more than simply open the scar
and luffy handles the rest?
Cinera
Cinera
I think Zoro has a protracted fight with Kaido where Kaido recognises him as a samurai on par with Oden. I think that fight culminates in him opening Oden's scar or leaving a new very deep scar.

Luffy might handle the rest beyond that point, but I expect that final attack to be giving heavy weight (matching or even surpassing Gamma Knife's effect on Doflamingo).
Cinera
Cinera
Kaido's loss may be attributed to the wound Zoro gave him.

There's no build up for Kidd vs Big Mom yet, and she ignored him for Luffy, so I'm not counting on it.
S
Shuyaku
that's pretty much the shtick with Kid though, he's actually an underdog that is overlooked, this is where he proves himself
LANJI CUCKSMOKE
LANJI CUCKSMOKE
what role do you see kid playing since you dont think mama goes down
would you have preferred a 1v1 matchup for zoro? someone like king?
Cinera
Cinera
I think Kidd fights Kaido or Big Mom, probably Big Mom I guess. It's just that because there's no build up for it, I don't think Kidd will perform as well against Big Mom as Luffy or Zoro will against Kaido.
Cinera
Cinera
Ways this could play out that wouldn't be good for Kidd:
* Luffy and Zoro tag team Kaido while it's Kidd, Killer and Law vs Big Mom.
* Big Mom's alliance with Kaido breaks during the fight. She might betray Kaido or it becomes a free for all.
* Luffy lands the finishing blow on BM, while Zoro lands the finishing blow on Kaido.
Cinera
Cinera
I don't think Zoro gets a meaningful one vs one, except perhaps a short exchange with Kaido. There is too much narrative build up for Zoro vs Kaido (and a lack of build up for Zoro vs anyone else) for such a fight to be meaningful.
Cinera
Cinera
I wanted Zoro to fight King, but the events since Luffy and co landed on Wano has made that fight appear very unlikely.
H
Haoshoku
The thing with Big Mom is that Kid isn’t after her and vice versa. Kid had multiple run-ins with her crew but his run-ins pale in comparison to the sole run-in Luffy had and the havoc he caused for BM. Kid’s focus has been on Kaido all throughout Wano and with him having this level of confidence after the beatdown Kaido gave him initially indicates to me that he’s gotten stronger and will surprise everyone there.
Cinera
Cinera
It's worse if Kidd fights Kaido IMO. It's very doubtful that Kidd's performance against Kaido will surpass Zoro (whose setup to replicate or even exceed Oden's feat).

Do you see Kidd performing better than the second Oden?
H
Haoshoku
Nah I was just sayin Big Mom fighting Kid doesn’t make much sense narrative-wise but it still could very well happen. I’m not sure if BM even cares about anything besides Luffy and the Road Poneglygh, a betrayal could happen when she sees fit. Making it more questionable for her to have a full battle against someone. Nonetheless I think Zoro will have a greater moment against Kaido than anyone not named Luffy.
Cinera
Cinera
We agree then.