Worstgen

Cinera
Cinera
* Kaido specially singles out or recognises Zoro as he did Luffy.
* Kaido acknowledges Zoro as a monster samurai or the calibre of Oden or says he sees the potential/seeds for Zoro to reach that level.
* Kaido or Big Mom see the shadow of Mihawk in Zoro
* Zoro gets a flashback to the Wano citize

The common theme to the above is Zoro's potential being specially recognised or Zoro's role in the fight specially hinted.
Cinera
Cinera
* Zoro does not use Asura
* Zoro does not get a Mihawk flashback
* Zoro doesn't use Koka on his attacks
* Zoro doesn't demonstrate upgraded versions of his remaining preskip techniques
* Zoro doesn't demonstrate new techniques

The common theme here is essentially Zoro clearly doesn't go all out on the rooftop. It makes it more likely that there's another fight where he will go all out.
Cinera
Cinera
* Kaido breaks one of Zoro's swords
* There's no indication that Zoro fully accustoms to Enma

The common theme to the above is that they suggest that Zoro will display significantly greater combat prowess when next we see him (an even stronger sword), or the fully realised potential of Enma.
Cinera
Cinera
Enma probably wouldn't break (Zoro needs to blacken it) and Wado Ichimonji probably wouldn't break as well (it's the embodiment of Zoro's oath to Kuina).

Sandai Kitetsu might break and be replaced by the Nidai Kitetsu before the final battle.
Cinera
Cinera
In contrast, I would update towards Zoro giving it his all in the current battle if:

* There's no special recognition of Zoro's potential or role in the fight
* Zoro goes all out (Koka, fully acclimatising to Enma, Mihawk flashbacks, Asura, upgraded techniques, new techniques, etc.)
Cinera
Cinera
I will pay close attention to the upcoming chapters and I'll update my credence in Zoro participating in the final fight with Luffy accordingly.
ShinmenTakezo
ShinmenTakezo
I am still of the impression that Zoro is going to make Kaido eat his words in regards to "there never will be a samurai like Oden", of that i am convinced. And then he might recognize Enma, but yeah, the fight is going to conclude with Luffy vs Kaidou, i have no clue how and when Zoro is going to bow out though, whether it´s him being required elsewhere, him being beaten or something else entirely.
ShinmenTakezo
ShinmenTakezo
Zoro does not have to match Oden completely for that to be the case though. The scabbards were just so far removed from Oden that Kaidou had a fatalistic outlook on any potential successor popping up.
And Zoro proving he tames Enma and reminding him of Oden is i think Zoro´s primary role in this fight, might be wrong, we will see.
Garp the Fist
Garp the Fist
It was always going to come down, at some point, to Luffy taking on Kaido one vs one and overcoming him, which no one else can. That’s just how One Piece goes. But what Zoro still has in his favour is that Kaido wants to die, and the “Ryuma slays a dragon over the flower capital” legend. Oda can still combine all this into one grand finale where Zoro doesn’t overshadow Luffy
HA001
HA001
Yup. Simply beating kaido is not enough as the scabbards themselves said its not over until they sever his head. The dragon gets closer to yhe flower capital every chapter.
Jiihad
Jiihad
Like I said on discord, at this point. If you think Zoro ain’t gone fight Ace damage Kaidou in sone way, you’re lying to yourself. Luffy Is gonna be tha one to finish tha fight but I can definitely see Zoro giving Kaidou a matching scar or at worse taking a hand ir arm From kaidou