Worstgen

Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
Yo Cinera. Congrats on the new president mate. You too @Jew D. Boy but sadly I cannot watch the inauguration, it starts at 4am my time and I have a 9am start tomorrow :Pepehands:
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
Hahaha, I wouldn’t watch it even if I had the opportunity (and I absolutely do)...it’s bad enough to see everyone on social media acting like everything’s immediately gonna be better.

It WILL be awesome just not having to hear about that worthless fuckin’ fascist all day, every day; I look forward to NOT having to think about Biden for a few hours each day.
Cinera
Cinera
@Jew D. Boy: hopefully the nation can begin to heal, and you guys can start restoring your national brand and image.
Cinera
Cinera
@Den_Den_Mushi: I'm not actually American, but thanks anyway.

How have you been?
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
I think the dems are finally starting to put forward some useful policies such as Biden's new immigration laws. It's not going to fix things overnight but he's at least going to be influenced by minds like Yang, Harris and Bernie. As someone who does work in policy, it's going to be quite exciting to watch.

@Cinera whoops lol, for some reason I thought you were from the States. I've been well, how about you?
Cinera
Cinera
> whoops lol, for some reason I thought you were from the States.

I get that from a lot of people. I guess I have been invested in US politics (though I participate only scarcely on here). Many of my online acquaintances are American though.
https://i.imgur.com/vkEyI7y.png
Cinera
Cinera
> It's not going to fix things overnight but he's at least going to be influenced by minds like Yang, Harris and Bernie.

Seeing you mention Yang in approval warms my heart. ❤
Cinera
Cinera
> As someone who does work in policy,

If you're okay sharing, I'd like to hear more about what you do.
Cinera
Cinera
> I've been well, how about you?

Alright I guess. I've been working from home since March, and over that time period I've become extremely lazy and barely get any work done. It's not good for my self esteem, but maybe I'll fix it eventually.
Cinera
Cinera
I thankfully didn't put on weight, so that's reassuring. I'm otherwise mostly alright. If I can fix my work ethic, the current situation would be ideal (working from home has let me save money on feeding and transport).
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
I like Yang, I think he has some very good points and takes a proactive approach to preventing further inequality caused by automation. It's a pity the US is not ready for an Asian intellectual male to occupy a position of political power.

Oh I started working for my state government this year. My department deals with housing policy, we tried to create programs to get people off the streets during COVID.
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
Other than that we design early intervention strategies and work with hospitals, real estate agents, community services etc to find people at risk of being homeless and try to help them get back on their feet. It's very rewarding work.