Worstgen

H
Hanners220
@Just a member Yu Yu Hakusho definitely showed Togashi's raw talent as a mangaka. The Chapter Black arc is when I started seeing the themes that were found in HxH starting to emerge. I agree with you that HxH is more polished. I loved the 2011 series. I am so behind on the HxH manga though.
B
Ballel
@Just a member neverending hiatus? As a Vagabond fan I know what youre talking about 😔
H
Hanners220
I picked up the manga first and was instantly drawn to Yusuke. Then I proceeded to viewing the anime. I love Yu Yu Hakusho for several reasons.

1. The characters are my biggest draw. Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama, and Hiei are all different but complement each other so well.
H
Hanners220
2. The villains were so well written. I hated them but could understand their prerogative. I always liked how Yusuke's development was intertwined with both Toguro and Sensui albeit in different ways. Toguro was who Yusuke admired, until he realized he can't throw away others for the pursuit of strength. Sensui is the opposite of Yusuke despite the latter being strong and a punk. Sensui was more viscous of a fighter.
H
Hanners220
3. The Dark Tournament is one of my favorite tournament arcs in any anime. The animation of the fights were amazing. Each director brought in their own personal touch. Also the fights knew when to end. Genkai and Toguro's story and connection was what made the Dark Tournament amazing for me.
H
Hanners220
4. Finally the wonderful yet questionable 90s fashions of the characters. It is an not important reason but I am so entertained by the promotional art and the clothes the characters wear. The 90s was a wild time.
ReggieZoldyck21
ReggieZoldyck21
I love Yu Yu Hakusho. It’s in my top 10 anime/manga of all time.
J
Just a member
@Hanners220 The bright side is that you can still enjoy the bliss that is reading HxH for the first time. The quality is really high until the very last chapter (even if I have to say that in the òast arc Togashi started to deliver wall texts instead of manga panels). And if you haven't still read it there is the Chimera ant arc which is recognized among the best manga arcs in general.
J
Just a member
@solis I read Vagabond too time ago but I have to say that the art was awesome, I liked the story too but at some point I drop it, don't remember if maybe because the whole stuff become a bit confusing.
J
Just a member
And a weird point about Yu Yu Hakusho which comes to mind, and the author too comes to mind, is that the ending if this manga was rushed (and a bit weird too). I don't know if for HxH I would want to at least see some kind of an ending or leave the story there in the middle of the current arc. Can't say which posion is better.
H
Hanners220
@Just a member I have so many things to say about the Chimera Ant arc. It was my favorite arcs in the anime.
B
Ballel
@Just a member Do you remember how far you got with Vagabond?
I get the part about confusing. It requires the reader to increasingly think a lot.
RayanOO
RayanOO
Morel best boy ! Best powers and so cool.
Will maybe check YYH if it is nice.
J
Just a member
Ah ok, I didn't understand you had already seen the chimera ant arc, you see I am a bit the opposite of you since I only read the manga and the last time I have seen the HxH anime it was the york shin arc 90' version
RayanOO
RayanOO
@Just a member the 2011 anime is nice and the animation really good. I was anime only and spent a really nice moment. I heard that the 90s anime was a bit darker
H
Hanners220
The 3 Kings arc started off with such great potential. As the arc progressed, it just felt like a rehash of the Dark Tournament.

Despite Togashi's burn out, I really thought the last episode gave great closure to the characters and their journey.
J
Just a member
@solis I don't remember much, almost nothing tbh, anyway confused spoiler ahead, there was Musashi (if I remember the name of the MC well) ruthless warrior at first, then redemption and way of the sword, he visited some masters then his mute rival enters the story and this is basically all that comes to mind lol. I read it last time years ago.
H
Hanners220
Also does anyone mind explaining the differences between Berserk and Vagabond? Both get highly praised and both seem to be stuck in perpetual hiatus.
Don DaSlayer
Don DaSlayer
I like Yuyu more then HxH
J
Just a member
@RayanOO And that introduced HxH to me back when I was a kid/boy, I liked that dark tone and at the same time I find the next anime version let alone too bright for a manga like HxH but what I couldn't bear where Gon and Killua, way too childish, just couldn't watch them.