Worstgen

Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
Don’t really discuss it here much since it’s not my top favorite, but I try to keep up with it! Wanted to comment on that Deku/Shigaraki thread because I just caught those chapters and found myself unimpressed with the resolve to save another villain...just a really tired cliche, if you ask me, which you didn’t 🤑
Kiwipom
Kiwipom
I hate it too, it's just the protagonist forcing their views on everyone else, not saying that Shiggy is in the right but there's no reason why Deku should get his way to "save" one of the worst villains of the world and potentially forgive him
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
Exactly! A hero saves people who want or need to be saved; you could argue that Shiggy fits the latter description, but he has true darkness in his heart even without AFO. Everyone around Deku keeps telling him he needs to be ready in case he has to kill the guy, that means there’s a non-insignificant chance that he can’t be redeemed, so why waste the time or possibly put more lives at risk by not taking him out?
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
Does a good hero put lives at risk simply because he can’t finish the job with a murderous lunatic? These things don’t happen in a vacuum, Deku can’t sacrifice the greater good just to break through to one guy.
Kiwipom
Kiwipom
Yupp, I really hope that Deku eventually realizes that Shiggy can't be saved, but knowing the rules of shounen, Shiggy will probably somehow get a redemption and Deku will be hailed as the ultimate hero
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
I know they aren’t necessarily powerful enough, but do you think Bakugo or Todoroki would be capable of bringing him down? I feel like those two have the inclination to do necessary things like that.
Kiwipom
Kiwipom
I think Shoto seems to mild to do anything, if Deku says that he thinks Shiggy can be saved, Shoto will follow. But Bakugo, nah. Bakugo does what Bakugo wants and he's smart enough to know that Shiggy isn't a victim here. I hope he can slap some sense into Deku to do the right thing if needed.
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
Wise as always...can you get @your secretary on the phone with Horikoshi? I think you oughta talk some sense into him before the final showdown😈
Kiwipom
Kiwipom
If you gave TAC the phone with Hori on the other line and he has 1 minute to ask something, he'll be asking about Overhaul's next move lmao