Dark King Italo
Rayleigh title + my name
It was my battletag on fortnite when I used to play it a few years ago xD
h_zorothegoat
h_zorothegoat
Ohh that's soo cool 😎
DKI
DKI
i think it sounds good yea, unfortunately i was not worth of that title because i sucked at that game xd
G
Gorosei Informer
@DKI Wow thats a really cool concept for a name! Its Italian right? I kinda wanna see Rayleigh turn out to be Italian now at least partially, even though his name is British haha. Britalian maybe?
DKI
DKI
@Lone Laguna Espada Hey, yea it's italian. Italo is not really a common name but i like it for this very reason. It happened to me very often that teachers that used to called their students by their surnames called me by my first name. And for an insecure guy like me this helped me a lot to feel more comfortable when i was confronting with them.
DKI
DKI
This was happening because teacher uses surnames to distinguish students that shares same first names, even students from different classes or different age. But there was always 1 "Italo" in the school, so there was no need to do it with me.
DKI
DKI
I think so, I think Silvers Rayleigh is english. His name come from Pirate Long Silver of Treasure Island (british romance) and english navigator Walter Raleigh.
But pheraps in a different age there have been a dark pirate king called Italo xD.
There are quite a number of "italian" character in One Piece, such as Vista, Banchina, Borsalino and maybe Marco.
G
Gorosei Informer
Ah yeah thats pretty wholesome! I can imagine that definitely must have made you feel more respected and comfortable. More of a personal connection?
The only one with your name though, I can definitely relate to that! My real name is very common in my native country but in the countries I have lived in, I've only met 2 others with my name.
G
Gorosei Informer
Oh yes ofc! Long John Silvers and Walter Rayleigh, I keep forgetting! I also ended up realising Kizaru vs Rayleigh was a reference to Rayleigh Scattering in Physics too, GODA!
Gotta love all these vast and clever references and influences Oda does!
G
Gorosei Informer
An actual Dark King Italo would be cool indeed!

Ah yeah ofc! Kizaru really stood out for being Italian for me especially. That name and fashion style. Those characters being Italian I could definitely see, Banchina has it her name ofc.

I think Laws homeland is based on a place in Italia too? And he is based on Valentino Rossi the Italian Formula 1 driver too?
G
Gorosei Informer
Water 7 is based on Venice too I believe? Its one of my favourite parts of OP!
DKI
DKI
More than respected i would say "acknowledged" When i am called by my name, i feel somewhat close to the person who called me, even just for a brief moment, even though we have never talked before.
DKI
DKI
I forgot Rob Lucci, clearly and italian mafia guy. And Bege who is obv Al Capone half ita half usa
Lol i didn't know law appearance was based on Valentino Rossi xD, that's really cool! But Valentino is a moto GP driver not formula 1 eheh :P
Valentino is basically a national hero in Italy ahaha.
DKI
DKI
Water7 reminds Venice, but apart from his aspect neither his name neither the inhabitants share any relation with italy. But great arc indeed. Kaku and Iceburg are yet some of my most loved side characters. Both with great and intrigued personalities.
G
Gorosei Informer
Oh wow I never saw your responses! Ah yeah I completely can understand that about your name, it definitely does feel like that.

Ah my bad, I forgot about Moto GP and I keep thinking of Formula 1 as I hear it mentioned a lot, especially as oen of my friends is obsessed on it a little haha.

Ah thats awesome! I saw a fanmade parody poster of the OP live action Netflix series and someone apparently photoshopped
G
Gorosei Informer
Valentino as Law LOL! Law being Italian is so cool too, it explains his great style! I had a feeling his home town was based on Italy too! Valentino is such a cool name too!

Oh damn, really? Thats a shame! Kaku and Iceburg are definitely awesome though, I really enjoyed that arc for many reasons and they definitely added to it! Kaku had some of the best gags too! Iceburg is so very cool too, pun intended I guess?
DKI
DKI
I pref Formula 1, as an Italian I am a Ferrari fan obviously. The first grand prix i ve seen Schumacher was still driving the red car, I fell in love with him. Didn't care much of Moto GP apart from Valentino, he really is something special as a person for the way he talks, how easygoing and funny he is while also being one the best back when he was his prime, he solohandely made Moto GP a popular sport in Italy.
DKI
DKI
Back to One Piece xD. I liked Kaku because of his design, he has the best nose better than Usopp, but I also like because of all the cp9 members he was the only one showing regrets for the path he chosed or was forced to chose. This is why I was a bit surprised of seeing him joing another assassins org, hope we'll get to know more of him.
DKI
DKI
I liked Iceburg a lot because in all of the precedent arcs, the boss of the town was a piece of trash/villain, instead he showed up to be a great and rightful leader, in every single decision he made there was a good intent. And even when Robin shotted him, he did not overreact (which would have been completely understandable), he just said "she shotted me, I don't know why, but she did".
G
Gorosei Informer
Ah yeah? That must be part of the reason why Oda likes him so much and made such an important and likeable character on him too! That's awesome though wow, what a legacy to single handedly make Moto GP popular in Italy, that's incredible...

Hahaha, Kakus nose is definitely better! Yeah, I'm not keen on him being in CP0 except to see more of him ironically. I really liked his character, he was very cool, charming and