Worstgen

RayanOO
RayanOO
Yes, all SH have to have around the same experience and emotions to transfer it to the readers. So everyone will be excited, will laugh like mad man, and Yamato will be at the side : enjoy yourself I already know the story. This won't work.
everyone has to feel the grand line discovery, the sky island discovery, poneglyphe message in shandora etc etc. And this is even more true about one of the biggest OP mystery.
Cinera
Cinera
There are many ways I could reply to this.

I could argue that Yamato can still have the same sense of discovery, wonder and excitement even if she already had it before.
I could argue that the sense of wonder and excitement can still be passed onto the readers even if Yamato herself doesn't feel it.

But I don't want to do any of that.
Cinera
Cinera
To be very frank with you, this argument is _weak_. It's not a credible reason for Yamato not to join the Strawhats. Oda does not care that Yamato knows some secrets of One Piece.

Like it's not going to stop Oda from adding her to the crew.
Cinera
Cinera
This kind of argument doesn't have any actual bearing on whether she joins the crew. So I'm not going to seriously engage it.

It's ultimately irrevelant.

As I told @Luffy is the mc: you might as well argue that Yamato looks too much like Nami.
Cinera
Cinera
@RayanOO: if Oda didn't want Yamato to join the crew, there was no need for:
* Her to ask Luffy to let her onboard
* Her entire development with Luffy around becoming a trusted ally
* Her entire backstory with Ace and Ace's failed attempt at recruiting her
* Her to wait for Luffy in particular
* Luffy removing her shackles
Cinera
Cinera
Oda did all of the above while:
* Making Yamato look superficially like Nami
* Giving Yamato knowledge about some One Piece secrets
* Denying Yamato a proper relationship with her mentor
* Etc.
Cinera
Cinera
All of these "reasons" Yamato cannot join are reasons that already existed as Oda continued to develop Yamato as Luffy's next nakama. As such, those "reasons" don't actually have any bearing on Yamato being the next nakama. They certainly didn't stop Oda from developing her as such.
Cinera
Cinera
Arguments of the above form are _not even wrong_ — they are completely irrelevant. They have no bearing at all on Yamato joining the crew.
RayanOO
RayanOO
i never said she can't be a new member, I just say that if she becomes one she can't know too much. Either Oden log would be incomplete, or Oden hid some informations because too sensitives or importants etc. Oda will find something.
But I believe that if she knows too much she can't join.
Cinera
Cinera
This is not unlike arguing that Zoro will never face Kaido because he always faces the antagonist's strongest subordinate. Hell, that argument was much better, at least the haters had a wealth of history from prior arcs to draw form.
Cinera
Cinera
All these arguments are based on nothing but arbitrary imagined criteria that Oda doesn't care for.
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
Robin is literally the only person in the world who can read Poneglyphs, having her is every bit as much of a “cheat code” as Yamato would be from reading Oden’s log. We can’t have it both ways, y’all, either someone with inside info doesn’t belong on the crew or they do regardless of said info.
Cinera
Cinera
> But I believe that if she knows too much she can't join.

I'm saying that it's irrelevant. It's the same Oda that decided to make her nakama that gave her knowledge of OP secrets; he simply doesn't care about this.

Oda is not thinking: "gee, Yamato knows so much about the One Piece, she cannot join the crew".
Cinera
Cinera
If Oda decided that Yamato was not going to join the crew, then he wouldn't have built her up as a nakama.
RayanOO
RayanOO
This is not the same thing. Robin can read the informations but didn't have them already. When she discovers a new poneglyphe we discover it too and feel it that way.
In shandora she didn't know what was written on it, she didn't know what was written in the Zo whale etc. So we discovered it with the characters.
Cinera
Cinera
@Jew D. Boy: it's obviously a futile argument.

Oda doesn't care about their purity tests.

Oda does not care that Yamato:
* Knows about the One Piece.
* Looks superficially like Nami.
* Never had a relationship with her mentor figure (Oden)
* Will upset the monster trio
* Was introduced late in her arc
* Etc.
Cinera
Cinera
Oda doesn't give a damn about these purity tests. They're not what determines someone joining the crew. They wouldn't stop Yamato from joining the crew.
Cinera
Cinera
@Luffy is the mc, @solis: my opinion regarding Yamato purity tests. I might make a thread of this tomorrow, but that's the basic gist.
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
You’re right, Rayan, but it’s not that this information hasn’t been discovered by anyone before, it just hasn’t been seen by our protagonists. Robin knows more than most, but hasn’t revealed any of it; why would Yamato be different? Why would she spoil the very thing she also wants to see with her own eyes?
RayanOO
RayanOO
Robin knows more than anyone but for the big mysteries she is as clueless as us,her goal is to find that. Some people already know the truth but what really matters is the SH and how they live their own story. Yamato wont spoil anything because Luffy would forbid it but if she is a SH it means she is now a protagonist, that we will see the story and discover the new mysteries through her eyes too.