Roronoa-sama
Roronoa-sama
He has his hyori too
GrandmasterChef Zonji
GrandmasterChef Zonji
Never play the game but love the mysteries and the easter eggs
Blackbeard
Blackbeard
@Den_Den_Mushi Dutch and Hosea's ideals about the "Wild/Civilized West" make them legit have more complex characters than some IRL people, let alone the rubber condom. The way Rockstar had a solid grasp of how to demonstrate the inner and outer conflicts of the gang throughout the story was stunning and should have awarded it GOTY already.
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
I absolutely loved the integration between the start of the Industrial Age and the Wild West theme of the game. I think Rockstar’s games deconstruct capitalism/industrialism to a greater extent than we often realise. Didn’t play RDR1 but Dutch became my favourite fictional villain after this game.
Blackbeard
Blackbeard
Blackbeard
Blackbeard
This one comment summed it up.

"I like how the first clip really shows the contrast in thinking. In one, Bill listens to Dutch’s ideas from the book and doesn’t understand, letting Dutch feel that “inner king” . But when he try’s that in front uncle, and he gets called out by someone he didn’t expect, Dutch felt like he lost his grip and almost showed his true colors".
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
Funny you should mention this, I’m actually replacing RDR2 right now and I’m noticing how Dutch’s decline was foreshadowed from the very beginning and how his grandiose ambitions got the better of him. It’s funny how he talks about his inner kingship and not allowing himself to be ruled over.
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
Meanwhile other groups such as the Lemoyne raiders demonstrate how the obsession with personal sovereignty leaves them as sad old has-beens that can’t come to terms with a battle they lost long ago. Dutch knows in his heart that he’s lost the battle against civilisation. He just can’t accept it and tries to justify his crimes with high minded ideals and rhetoric. Only Uncle sees through him.