Worstgen

Light D Lamperouge
Light D Lamperouge
I am doing good brah, thanks for asking.

How about you?
Light D Lamperouge
Light D Lamperouge
Aye, it should be nice.
Cinera
Cinera
Have you checked out Your and My Asylum yet?
Light D Lamperouge
Light D Lamperouge
I haven't had the time yet sorry. I'll prolly do it in the next few days.
Cinera
Cinera
Anything you've read in the interim?
Light D Lamperouge
Light D Lamperouge
Nothing much, besides actual books and novellas like the Scarlet Letter or The Beast in the Jungle.
Cinera
Cinera
Light D Lamperouge
Light D Lamperouge
Light D Lamperouge
Light D Lamperouge
John Marcher, the protagonist, is reacquainted with May Bartram, a woman he knew ten years earlier, who remembers his odd secret: Marcher is seized with the belief that his life is to be defined by some catastrophic or spectacular event, lying in wait for him like a "beast in the jungle." May decides to buy a house in London with the money she inherited from a great aunt, and to spend her days with Marcher, curiously
Light D Lamperouge
Light D Lamperouge
curiously awaiting what fate has in store for him. Marcher is a hopeless fatalist, who believes that he is precluded from marrying so that he does not subject his wife to his "spectacular fate".

He takes May to the theater and invites her to an occasional dinner, but does not allow her to get close to him. As he sits idly by and allows the best years of his life to pass, he takes May down as well, -
Light D Lamperouge
Light D Lamperouge
- until the denouement where he learns that the great misfortune of his life was to throw it away, and to ignore the love of a good woman, based upon his preposterous sense of foreboding.
Cinera
Cinera
Wow, that sounds like something I definitely wouldn't want to read. It does seem like a good story, but it's not really my kind of tragedy ya know. Romance is also a sore spot for me, so it becomes an even more bitter pill to swallow.