Worstgen

TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Even more disappointing than Ubisoft.
Pantheos
Pantheos
Dont have high hopes for Nintendo @playa4321 , guess they show the most on their own presentation. Capcom and Bandai are both pretty... uninteresting mostly. But maybe they surprise me.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
@Steven that's how I feel about Ubisoft in general. Square has been making a lot of questions decision in recent years.
Steven
Steven
@Sentinel problem lies on last year.Nintendo just showed a bunch of Indigames

I HOPE for good stuff.Isnt next year 35 anniversary for Zelda?
Sentinel
Sentinel
@TheKnightOfTheSea Well, at least they didn't show movies instead of games lol.

@Pantheos Let's see what Nintendo has up in its sleeve. Either they're announcing the Switch Pro or a few good exclusive titles.
Steven
Steven
@TheKnightOfTheSea next years is the 20 anniversary for KH.And i bet my ass we get nothing
Sentinel
Sentinel
@Steven Well, the 35th anniversary has already started this year. So it's possible that we're going to see a few Zelda games.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
All Nintendo has to do to win E3 is not completely fuck up.
Tyki_Mikk
Tyki_Mikk
If Nintendo fail too, it end in a disaster. All what they need to show is Botw2, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Mario and few other games and they take it as win for this year. Im sure Nintendo going to rock the E3.
Pantheos
Pantheos
@Sentinel yeah a switch pro is much discussed, but even the hardware of the switch pro looks... pretty old? Honestly, i am not much into nintendo, so i am not that interested. Everything (in my opinion) with nintendo seems to be zelda, mario and pokemon. Thats it. Mario extremely unintersting for me, Zelda was good back then, today not mine anymore. Pokemon just for nostalgic.
Steven
Steven
I dont care about fucking hardware,i care about the games
Pantheos
Pantheos
you are right @Steven , but about that i talked straight after. Its just a shame nintendo is 10 years behind with their hardware.
Steven
Steven
Btw,i hope Capcom show us RE4 remake gameplay
Sentinel
Sentinel
I had a similar mindset in the past but now, I value gameplay and artstyle over anything else. Storytelling is important too but gameplay is truly important. I'd rather play Octopath Traveller a few more times instead of these repetitive-looking shooters. Thus, it really depends how you manage to make both your in-game world, plot and gameplay fitting in.
Sentinel
Sentinel
That's why people value BotW so much since it represents what a game has to mean imo. You go where you like. You see the mountain? You can explore it. BotW has simply so much fun.

That's why a few developers started using the BotW formular into their own Open World games, meanwhile Ubisoft Open World games are getting so much less recognition.
Pantheos
Pantheos
Absolut fair point @Sentinel , but actual technic and actual graphics doesnt mean bad gameplay or storytelling.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Fenyx Rising was a good game tho
Sentinel
Sentinel
@Pantheos Well, it kinda does if they value graphics so much in which they unintentionally neglect other important aspects. Of course hardware is important too. Graphics progression has to be part of game development. I'm fine with it as long as both things work.
Sentinel
Sentinel
Also, let's see what the Switch Pro has to offer in terms of hardware. It'd be already enough to have 4K with - let's say - solid 30 fps. That's not exactly current gen lv but still a start.