Worstgen

Cross_Marian
Cross_Marian
I took a break. Last time I‘ve read 160 chapters in ~3 days. That was too much. In the meantime I completed Rave Master and started Radiant. Berserk is still on my to-do list
B
Ballel
160 chapters in 3 days whew😥

The good stuff in Berserk comes later , the early chapters is literally just Guts fighting grotesque monsters. Great character interactions and themes of friendship/camaraderie are waiting then, then romance and eventually there is more and more magic/psychology.
B
Ballel
Which one would you say is better between Rave Master and Radiant?
Cross_Marian
Cross_Marian
Both are good. Rave Master is completed and Radiant is still going.
Rave Master is one of the best Shonen Mangas out there. Both are underrated
B
Ballel
You said this about D Gray man too, that it is underrated. It's good keep one's eyes open to look beyond the mainstream😎
The thing about me is that I'm not sure shonen are still what I'm looking for.
Cross_Marian
Cross_Marian
Rave Master is a typical Shonen but one of the best.
Radiant is a Shonen but completely different than typical mainstream Shonen. The mangaka is from France, maybe that’s why.
Edens Zero is also great. It’s quite dark and a adventure like One Piece. Don’t worry, they talk about friendship but there’s no power of friendship bullshit.
D Gray Man is a gem. It’s love 💕
The manga would be far more popular 1/2
Cross_Marian
Cross_Marian
but the author got ill and took a break. Now we get a chapter every 3 months.2/2
B
Ballel
Maybe I'll try Radiant then. France has a comic culture on its own and is maybe THE European country where manga/anime is accepted the most. Or so I heard.
The situation in Germany is sadly different🙁 I remember so many instances where I was confronted with outright animosity for watching anime.
Cross_Marian
Cross_Marian
I understand you. Gladly in my family everyone loves Anime/Manga. In school only a few liked anime and manga. Most of them thought that watching anime = watching hentai. Idiots
B
Ballel
They either think anime is hentai OR pure violence (that will surely turn you into a school shooter) OR childish cartoons for kids.
They can't even make up their mind with their stereotypes.

In my school only a handful of girls were into manga/ anime. And none of them were into one piece
Cross_Marian
Cross_Marian
I’ve never met a girl who was into manga... that’s weird when I think about it
B
Ballel
😂What?
I think the series they were obsessing over was black butler. And naruto.
Cross_Marian
Cross_Marian
I’ve heard of Black Butler.
Naruto was the most popular manga/anime back then. Everyone loved it. Good old Pokito times
❤️
B
Ballel
Nah I'm talking about 8-10th grade.
There weren't any manga fans in my earlier school years.
I discovered pokito a few years before they took it down. Never watched anime as a kid