Worstgen

Sentinel
Sentinel
I know, I'm addicted to traditional dungeons but man, I'd really freak out if we see the new huge overworld with great traditional dungeons.

I also liked the design of the TP dungeons, some dungeons were whole caves, a city in the sky and a forest to explore.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I miss more abstract temples in Zelda like Stone Tower from Majora or the Yeti Mansion in Twilight Princess. Stone Tower was incredible because of its atmosphere and “flipping” mechanic, while the Yeti Mansion felt less like a temple and more like a landmark with its own history and logical reason to exist in the world.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
As far as natural themes go, I can take them or leave them. But I really enjoy more abstract and atmospheric dungeons. In particular I think Majora’s mask has the most memorable dungeons in the series so far.
Sentinel
Sentinel
I absolutely agree with you. Abstract natural dungeons are all very great. As I said, I'd like to have an atmosphere like the Forest Temple in TP. It is not just "merely" a building with forest theme but the forest ITSELF is actually the dungeon. Or the city in the sky. You see, SS' first dungeon was decent but not as good as Forest Temple in TP or Dragon Roost Cavern in WW which was the actual volcano.
Sentinel
Sentinel
But Stone Tower Temple and Forest Temple in OOT are truly on of the best Zelda dungeons ever, because of the atmosphere and abstract puzzles.

The best thing is when you make the dungeon's atmosphere so interesting, people will automatically speculate about its purposes and lore which was the case with the Yeti Mansion too.

BotW2 has a lot of potential to combine traditional dungeons with the overworld.
Sentinel
Sentinel
All MM dungeons are goated imo. Especially Stone Tower Temple.

Also, The Sandship (SS) was interestingly abstract as well as the Shadow Temple in OOT which was rather a torture chamber for imprisoners instead of a worshipping temple.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
So controversial opinion: I just thought the OOT Forest Temple was *okay* lol. Not bad but not my favorite from Ocarina. I prefer Hyrule Castle from OOT to the Forest Temple. And I definitely prefer every MM dungeon to it as well. I was very surprised when I learned how popular it is online.