Worstgen

BleakAsh
BleakAsh
to him it was justifies to the 3rd world perspectives he was the architect of homicides

but some believed that there was the necessity of such a power in the world.. for its betterment..to right the wrong and instill justice in the world through fear that would dissuade people from committing crimes.. there is that pure intention behind it even if its superiority-complex driven ideals.. the intention was legit
Toph
Toph
He started of as a good guy who got rid of really bad dudes then the story proceeds he just started killing people who got in his way and who helped yeah he was truly evil especially when killed L
BleakAsh
BleakAsh
but the way he approached it was incorrect..

he started off with the leafs of the tree not the root to bring it down..

his ego made his approach shallow
Toph
Toph
Yeah i agree
Light D Lamperouge
Light D Lamperouge
I think no. He did all of it with an intention to save the world. Yeah later it turned into a God complex as well, and he did kill people who got in his way, but he did so to achieve the goal he started with. It's iffy tbh. But I don't think he was inherently evil.
C
Cuistot
I think he was almost rotten from the very start. Didn't take him very long to lose all sense of remorse and kill innocents (Raye Penber)
BleakAsh
BleakAsh
yea his intentions were logically and ethically justified
C
Cuistot
Emphasis on lack of remorse. He legit taunted Naomi before driving her to kill herself, he took pleasure in all that, definitely fucked up lol. Though he did get much more screwed up later on.

I do love Light and somewhat sympathize with his goal, but no doubt an evil person, mainly for getting innocents involved IMO.
Light D Lamperouge
Light D Lamperouge
I disagree. I think he wasn't that. It was to show that absolute powers does indeed corrupt absolutely. That's why Light was the one to get it. A genius who started with a noble goal, that got somewhat corrupted along the way and looked like just some killer. As I said I don't think he was inherently evil, might have became evil over time, but it's iffy as I said.
BleakAsh
BleakAsh
that came as a repercussion.. no second thoughts before striking anyone down again it does seem abhorrent from the looks of how he goes about it.

There is also the reality of human conscience and what it really means to impose justice ad a diety..and its caveats.. and that mental limitations of humans.. in a likely worst case scenarios he would have taken his God-complex to a hazardously unstable -
BleakAsh
BleakAsh
level
C
Cuistot
Penber/Naomi were killed very early on tho, i don't remember exactly but only a few weeks at most after he got the notebook ? I don't think he was PURE evil from the start, but no perfectly sane person can get corrupted into a psycho who enjoys someone's suffering in such a quick timespan IMO.
BleakAsh
BleakAsh
So the point is regardless of the initial ethical and logical intention.. things wouldn't go necessarily as predictably as he would think and soon may impose his desires that would put freedom of people under threat..

so the part where light really messed up is when he proclaimed to replace a god or to become one.
Toph
Toph
Dude was really unstable
BleakAsh
BleakAsh
@Cuistot which is also a right way to look at it..

and you'd expect an insane person trying to imitate god to justify things that may as well be atrocious just coz they skinny nibba thinks being a diety means calcium-deficiency isn't a problem any more.
Toph
Toph
On top of that he was a loner
C
Cuistot
His saving grace is the period where he lost his memories, you could see he was a fairly good dude there. But i don't think he was ever perfectly stable mentally.
BleakAsh
BleakAsh
with power comes responsibility and the struggle to maintain sanity