Worstgen

Cinera
Cinera
It was all in good fun. No one was complaining. You could have at least locked it or something if you felt no further discussion needed to be had.
Cinera
Cinera
As is, some folks would be wondering what happened, and/or be concerned that I was taking the game too seriously. This may affect inclinations to participate in future games and such since they think feelings may be hurt, people would be too salty (or otherwise take it too seriously, etc).

No matter how I look at it, I think deleting the thread was the wrong move.
Cinera
Cinera
You should have probably just locked it.
Bogard
Bogard
You said it was a joke and personal banter when the forum section is about forum games, with the h&h game already having a special discussion thread, so in the end, i felt the thread you posted had no place there in the end. Like @Jew D. Boy said, it wasn't the place for this
Cinera
Cinera
Maybe move it to Ground Floor? I'm worried that others who read the thread wouldn't have seen my last post and so would be left with the wrong impression.
Cinera
Cinera
Jew D. Boy also thought I was serious when he made the comment.
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
@Cinera You SOUNDED serious, dawg...glad to know you aren’t, but you could have fooled me and in fact did.
Cinera
Cinera
Basically, I expected the thread to get locked eventually. I dislike you deleting it (and this early in particular because):
* Most people in the thread did not know I was joking, I hadn't been upfront about that (it would have ruined the fun), and you deleted it less than a dozen minutes after I confessed that it was an elaborate prank, so very few people would have seen the post.
Cinera
Cinera
* People getting the wrong impression is notable because it would affect their inclination to play in future games. If someone thinks I take the game too seriously or personally, they would he hesitant/harbour reservations about playing such games with me in the future. As I play most of the forum games here, that would leave a bitter pill in everyone's mouth and ruin the experience for us all.
Cinera
Cinera
Even if I was banned/recused myself from future Hurt and Heal games because folks were uncomfortable playing with me, that's also unideal as e.g a Zoro fan round just wouldn't be the same if I wasn't participating.
Cinera
Cinera
Jokes aside, I'm honestly worried that many of the folks who saw the thread were left with the wrong impressions. I think those wrong impressions would be much more harmful than my elaborate practical joke.
Cinera
Cinera
@Jew D. Boy I intended to fool you — it wouldn't have been as funny if I put "jk, jk" right at the beginning of the thread. I intended to come clean with everything soon enough.