Worstgen

Cinera
Cinera
No way, Moriah was crushed and lost his entire crew vs Kaido.
Finalbeta
Finalbeta
Hmm these power levels are ok to me but Prime Moria can't be defined properly I think
King7
King7
in my headcanon Hybrid Kaido crushed him

It was not the first fight between them in Ringo imo . that's why a random Pirate was able to say/know Moria went toe to toe with/rivaled Kaido in Thriller Bark

i think this because Ringo is isolated , on top of Moria's entire crew being murdered , so Beasts Pirates came out alive , but why would any of them spread the hearsay of Moria rivaling/went toe to toe with Kaido ?
King7
King7
Especially since they saw Moria lost , and his entire crew lost too ?

Imo that hearsay that random Pirate Thriller Bark got , was from another random Pirate that saw Moria matching Kaido , but before the battle in Ringo

Kaido and Moria fought more than once imo .
Cinera
Cinera
I don't think so. The panel described it as "the battle" between the Gecko pirates and the Beast pirates, using the singular implies there's no additional battles. It was also a narrator box, so was from an omniscient perspective. A random pirate knowing about it is just Oda wanting to add it to the OP lore.
Cinera
Cinera
Whatever in verse explanation he provides (if any doesn't matter);l Kaido fought Moriah, and Oda decided it would be added to OP lore, so it was. There is really nothing to suggest there was more than one battle, especially not when the omniscient narrator specifically told us that one battle took place.
Cinera
Cinera
Furthermore, there's really no reason to assume Moriah pushed Kaido beyond his Base form. He might have, but as of now there's no reason to think he did.