Worstgen

RayanOO
RayanOO
Zoro is not really the types to read books and ancient stories etc.
Maybe the bad guy trope of the villain explaining his abilities.
Or while fighting Zoro will find King weakness and then King will give us the details.
M
Mihawk
Maybe details of his race is written on his body under the suit. So Zoro just needs to break his suit in order to find it.
Sentinel
Sentinel
Zoro will cut King's mask, either with Asura, Hiryu Kaen or another top tier move, my bet would be Asura, leaving King unmasked and thus making him losing his composure for a moment. This could be an opportunity for Zoro to understand King's ability. He just has to connect the dots.
BleakAsh
BleakAsh
@Sentinel what kinda fodder move do you think Ashura is that zoro will use it to merely cutoff King's mask?
Sentinel
Sentinel
@BleakAsh Eh you're right, he'll use a less powerful move to cut the mask, only to continue attacking King with Asura who lost his composure... Kinda similar to Bound Man vs Katakuri but I'm sure some people won't like this idea lol.
BleakAsh
BleakAsh
nah zoro will one shot king with a decisive blow.. when was the last time you saw zoro gradually shredding and wearing his opponent down?

but tbh if you think about it if that does happen where zoro is inflicting damage gradually and its culminating to King faltering and grunting.. until at the end he cuts King's head off in the process.. brutal as hell.

prolly the best fight in OP that way
B
Ballel
@BleakAsh I am almost 100% sure King will survive this battle and will have a further role post Wano. I can see him at least in a cover story. It would be a wasted opportunity from Oda's side to introduce the last survivor of a new mythical race that has a possible connection to the void century and then kill him off on the same arc.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
@solis I would be surprised if King gets mentioned at all this arc, but he definitely isn't dying though.
B
Ballel
@TheKnightOfTheSea How do you mean 'mentioned', are you referring his race reveal or backstory?
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
I don't think he'll appear or be discussed about Post Wano.
B
Ballel
Then what would his purpose have been?
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
?

King's purpose is just to be an opponent for Zoro.
B
Ballel
Just like Kaku who's purpose was also just to be an opponent for Zoro...
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
The difference between Kaku and King is that Kaku actually has a personality and character.

There's no real incentive to bring back King after his inevitable defeat.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Oda also clearly has no problems introducing pointless characters btw.
B
Ballel
But King is from a mythical race that is most definitely connected to the ancient kingdom. I can't see Oda creating such a character as a throwaway opponent for Zoro.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Toki was literally from the Void Century and she turned out to be a pointless and boring character who's only role was to give birth to Momo and Hiyori