Worstgen

Jailer
Jailer
Same, there's no place and time for that to happen.

Imagine straw hats vs BBP and/or vs WG happens, they found the OP, the void century everyone fighting for that past while in the middle of all that Zoro vs Mihawk a fight to surpass his master.

There are other ways to surpass him, achieve things Mihawk couldn't
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
I feel like Zoro becomes the WSS either shortly before or shortly after Luffy becomes Pirate King, and we know that the true war will begin after the One Piece is found, so I think Mihawk will be the second last opponent for Zoro.
Jailer
Jailer
Maybe if Zoro vs Mihawk happens before those fights or in an epilogue of sorts, after the final arc
Jailer
Jailer
I think if anything he will be WSS before or when Luffy becomes PK, as he said anything less than the strongest swordsman as the PK's first mate would be disappointing
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
I would hate an epilogue fight.

Honestly, I think there are two ways Mihawk is Zoro's final opponent.

1. Shanks is the final villain, and Mihawk joins him

2. Mihawk and Zoro randomly fight each other during the final war.
Jailer
Jailer
Option 2 would be pretty bad scenario wise everyone else fighting for their lives for a cause, while Zoro is like "need to surpass my master"

I think 2 would have worked if Mihawk wasn't turned into a teacher. Now it's just a student - master fight, with the tension toned down hence why it's hard to find a place where it fits