Worstgen

Sentinel
Sentinel
It always depends how you criticizes a story. If it is constructive critic, it's definitely not bad. However, if it is just bitching about something, then it's just really bad. For example, I cannot understand how people legitimate think Oden deserved his death? This is nothing but ridiculous nonsense.
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
Plenty of users such as @dizzy2341 and myself have outlined logical reasons to believe that Oden got what he deserved. ‘Bitching’ is merely a blanket term applied to all criticism regardless of whether it is supported by evidence or not. Oddly enough there is no equivalent term for blind adoration. Hmm.
Sentinel
Sentinel
I'm not saying anything against you or dizzy, otherwise I wouldn't have liked your posts, lol. I just mentioned users who kept bashing Oden. And that's not criticism imo.
D
dizzy2341
There is a special mentality in the OP community like @Den_Den_Mushi said. Anything negative at all, even in the slightest is utterly shut down. You put the same bad writing in another series and guaranteed these same fans would be trashing it and calling it out for what it is. But because it's in OP, they refuse to even say it was average. Oda can do no wrong.
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
Can’t blame them for bashing Oden. Pre flashback it was like the sun shone out of his ass with all these characters wanking him and this is what we get... Don’t build expectations for a character if you can’t live up to them. Unlike other characters Oden had many more resources to get out of the situation which makes him very unsympathetic.
D
dizzy2341
When terrorists take over your country, enslave, starve and murder your people, try and kill your son, kill your Dad, pollute your country, what do you do? You twerk. GODA GREATNESS!
D
dizzy2341
Being serious though, OP isn't even top 5 in Jump atm. Act-Age, MHA, KnY Jujutsu Kaisen, Spy x Family, all far better. Most OP fans seem to only read OP though so they'd have no idea.
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
I think reading broadly is key, otherwise you never learn to expect more from the author. Don’t get why people hate criticism of OP I pay for volumes and merch as a customer I’m entitled to leave a bad review if the product is lacking.
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
It’s also arrogant to dismiss criticism as bitching given that all readers are customers or potential customers. OP sales are falling big time, Oda has no right to be complacent and not listen to criticism. OP is a commercial product, you sell crap you get crappy reviews end of story.